Chevelles.com banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I want to get the interior of my 64 chevelle done, but I don't know where to go. Does anyone know of any places in El Paso, Texas or Las Cruces, New Mexico to go? I was going to buy an interior kit and call upholstery shops to see if they would install it. Has any novice installed these on their own? I don't know the first thing about upholstery, but I figure if there is a will there is a way. Help me please.
Thank you.

·
Registered
764 Posts
If you buy the reproduction pieces from a good company, you'll be suprised how self evident the installation is. Door panels, carpet, etc. If you dont want to tackle the seat covers, I suggest you buy them also, then take the seats and covers to a local place that does that work.

·
Premium Member
1,041 Posts
Called PUI a couple of weeks ago, and talked to TODD.

He stated that when we bought our door panels, tell them that TODD told us to tell them to order whatever "Matching Material(s)" we need.

We want to match the entire interior to the panels, everything, and we mean everything.

We had no idea we could do this until we called PUI.

"Perfecto!"

If you decide to go this route, make sure you order extra!

------------------
Team Members Forever #341

Richard, Judy, MAXX2

'69 Elke (Frame Off); GM HO 350/330-Mildly Ported Vortec Heads-Manley Severe Duty SS 2.02/1.60 Valves, Comp Cams Full Roller Package (Magnum)-Custom Grind CS 3315/3316 HR112-.510/.520 Lift, Edelbrock Air-Gap W/750 Performer Manual Choke-Performer 100 HP NOS, March Pulleys, 4L60 (Non Computer) W/Lokar Shifter, 12 Bolt Posi., Full Aluminum Bed With Full Tubs, Aluminum Firewall, Custom Aluminum Dash/Gauge Bezel.

·
Premium Member
9,801 Posts
If you want to retain the stock look, then buy the replacement parts from a resto supplier and do it yourself. I have done bench seats and door panels. They are pretty easy, but a bit time consuming. The results are good, I think. The headliner seems to have a reputation for being difficult. My objection to the stock replacement type (vinyl) upholstery is that it is not very comfortable. I have one car that was done by a local upholstery shop (seats only) in cloth and it is much more comfy. If I recall, the pair of bench seats cost about $300 to do at the local shop.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts