Chevelles.com banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
636 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Am I missing something completely or what, I am not finding a new headlight switch for my 70 SS. Are they being repoed or better yet does anyone have a current GM part number. Thanks

·
Registered
636 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
THe Ebay one sure looks like the right switch, but when it comes to electrical parts I am really careful about buying used stuff. Iwill jsut go down to the parts store tomorrow and see if they have one. Thanks for all the help. It also looks like I need a new Year One catalog.

·
Registered
50 Posts
I was looking for one and was looking in the wrong area of all my magazines. I was looking under wiper switch when it was located under window washer switch. Just my 2 cents.

·
Registered
5,794 Posts
My Year One catalog didnt list it either, but I called them and they said they had it. I ordered it and its exactly like my old switch.
Ron

·
Registered
636 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I found one, it's tough to find a decent parts store in this town anymore, but I did it. Thanks for all the help.

·
Premium Member
1,226 Posts
I always go to Autozone for parts on my 64. Horn relay,light switch,neutral safety switch, rear brake cylinders and springs. Lots of stuff fits more than Chevelle. They let me use the books sometimes to find a part number for a later year car that has the same part number in there computer

·
Registered
2,922 Posts
I agree with using the local sources whenever possible. On items less than $100 you save shipping costs, plus you help ensure that there's a parts store available when you need one.

·
Super Moderator
15,883 Posts
Originally posted by ELLI:
I found one, it's tough to find a decent parts store in this town anymore, but I did it. Thanks for all the help.
Which parts store was that? I've yet to find one in town and I'm getting real tired of the blank stares I get at O'Reilly and Advance when I try to get parts for my old stuff.

·
Registered
2,922 Posts
Rich, I'm loyal to O'Reilly. Unfortunately their computer only goes back to 1968. You might have to get 'em to let you dig through the books or find the aftermarket part numbers yourself.

I even buy most performance parts there. I can get 'em just as quick (or quicker) as from Summit or Jegs, they match pricing if I ask 'em to (sometimes they're cheaper already), and I don't have to pay a "handling fee". Supporting local jobs too. :cool:

Of course it helps that the manager and one of the sales guys are both into hot rodding Chevy cars.

They can get anything that's still available if they're willing to make the effort. If not, definitely take your business elsewhere. I've never found NAPA unable to find obscure parts that don't show up in others' computers.

·
Registered
636 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Rich it's the Carquest on West O street. They are the place with the machine shop in the back. Which is also where I had my machine work done. Ever since Clover downtown closed I have pretty much been stuck with O'reill's but I know what you mean about the blank stares. More than once I have had the guy behind the counter tell me to come back to the back with him to find what I needed.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts