Team Chevelle banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part JULY's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
723 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm laying out the trim parts that I have and it's looking like a few parts are missing. Basically it's the area around the side windows.

This is a 66 SS and it looks like starting from the outside going in, you have a stainless trim, then a felt with chrome bead on the inside of the glass. I don't see the rubber seals on the outside of the glass.

The upper, where the weatherstrip goes seems to be a stainless holder that holds the weatherstrip going from front to rear and is glued on to the body.

I looked at one site Ground Up, but couldn't even get their search to narrow things down to 66 chevelle trim.

Is there any sites that show a breakdown pic?

Do we have a vendor that supports this site that sells trim parts?

·
Registered
114 Posts
See page 159 of the Ground Up catalog, that should get you started. Personally I have always found that using original trim fits way better than aftermarket. Try and find some NOS or used original trim.

The weather upper weather strip you asked about is Roof Rail Weather strip. The rubber is glued into the channel, the channel is screwed to the body.

·
Registered
723 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Do you have a '66 Fisher Body Manual and an AIM?

I believe all your questions are answered in those 2 books.
I think I do have those, but it's been about some 12 years and I'm in the middle of a remodel. I really don't know where everything is.

i've been able to go to certain sites for things like motorcycles and they have the online breakdown with part numbers. Even if I had the manauals in hand, I don't know if that would get me to their part number.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts