Chevelles.com banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
120 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Who sells the best stock seat covers for a71 chevelle with buckets. I want to redo my seats completely from springs to foam to covers and plastic/chrome. I dont want any cheap material seat covers that feel thin and will rip if anyone over 150lbs sits on them. Who is a well-known company to go through?

------------------
Ryan
1971 Chevelle SS
Nevada Silver & Black
Stripes
350ci Automatic
12-bolt 3.55 posi
Black Bucket Interior

·
Registered
120 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
You mean to tell me that everybody has original interior and nobody has bought reproduction upholstry? Haha just bumpin to the top.

·
Registered
2,922 Posts
I went through Ground Up (our sponsor). I have yet to receive the covers, but they sell PUI and they're reputed to be the best.

------------------
My Web Page (updated 1-9-02)

"America will endure!"

Chad Landry
TC Member #643
ACES Member #04556
'68 El Camino

·
Registered
12 Posts
I'm doing my 70 buckets right now and mine are PUI covers I bought from Year One. The warranty card says they are cold crack proof UV protected from fading and fire resistant. They look real good. The color is good but not exactly like the original. Mine are dark green and the original is just slightly darker, not at all noticable if you buy matching head rest covers.

Bob

·
Registered
120 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
So are all the seatcovers from Year One PUI. What does that stand for anyways? How about original parts group?

·
Registered
221 Posts
OPG sells seat covers and door panels from "Distinctive" which are supposed to be of similar quality to PUI (do a search and you'll see). OPG's prices on a set of front and back covers are the lowest price that I've seen. My last 70 Malibu had covers from Distinctive and they looked very nice.

·
Registered
120 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
so in everyones opinion who sells the highest quality seat covers? My interior is black so the color matching shouldnt really matter as long as they are black. I just figure if im gonna spend the money on covers might as well get the best ones, I mean ill be sitting on them everytime I drive.

·
Registered
58 Posts
Here we go again. I believe this question has been answered time and time again...

...but here's the answer with a twist.
www.pui.cc they're the best, hands down. I personally work at a shop that sells all sorts of GM Classic car parts, and these are far and away the best, most authentic, and overall best quality people around.

If you go to thier website, any decent dealer has a listing on there. You should be able to buy all the items from one single vendor. If you'd rather not deal with it, email me personally, and I'll help you out.

------------------
-Andrew
[email protected]

·
Registered
64 Posts
P.U.I for me Just finished my front bench seat and the covers fit like a glove on the old seat frame. I also bought new foam $200 (OUCH), that I think is a little to thick, but then again I don't know what a 30 year old seat looked like new.
I also, was going with all new springs but after disassembly I only found 1 side support with a broken spring and was very easy to replace and only $20. I also put a light coat of high gloss black on all exposed metal, aluminum paint the seat ketchs, and bumber washer and also under the foam above the springs there were about a dozen small wires woven into burlap that covered the whole spring bench seat (mine were all twisted together and the burlap disintergerated). I bought new berlap at wallmart and stitched them in about 1 1/4 apart. I don't know if the buckets had this but, What a nice touch from underneath the whole seat assembly looks new and tight , I mean tieyeight!!! Good luck John

------------------
"69" CAMARO SS-350-4
"72" MALIBU SPORT COUPE 350
"76" ELCAMINO 350
"91" RS T-TOP 350

1 - 10 of 10 Posts