Team Chevelle banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
738 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
It is time to replace the worn and pitted windshield for our 70' and I have absolutely no idea where to find a NEW windshield for her here in Houston. Anyone know where I could find one or is this going to be a boneyard search project? Thanks for the feedback!

------------------
70' Malibu with a 383 Stroker that likes Dental Gas! Chevellz Alwayz!

·
Registered
287 Posts
I just called up a friend in the Auto-Glass business who did all the glass on my 64 and he says that you can just order them. Apparently these are stocked items. I don't imagine that it would be any different down there. Unless of course you want original glass...

Hope it helps

------------------
The proud owner of a Hot Canadian 64-SS.
ZZ4 Powered with real attitude ! :)
Chevelle Tech Gold Member

·
Registered
738 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks Canuck64ss. I didn't think that it would be that easy, but if you don't ask... well you know the rest. I will check into some glass companies here in Houston.

------------------
70' Malibu with a 383 Stroker that likes Dental Gas! Chevellz Alwayz!

·
Registered
1,922 Posts
I had my windshield replaced in my 70 Malibu last year. I got the same kind of glass, tinted with embedded antenna. Glass plus install was $130.00. Course I cleaned & prepped the gutters with POR-15 inbetween removal & install. Auto glass place said that saved 1/2 of the labor.
DG

------------------
DG
Springfield, Ohio
70 Chevelle Malibu

www.wright.edu/~s001dga/chevy.htm

TEAM Chevelle Member #0086

·
Registered
738 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks for the feedback guys...after thumbing through the Yellow Pages, I have scheduled a reputable mobile company to come out and replace the Velle's original windshield as well as my wifes' Camry. She has been bugging me about her spider cracked windshield for 2 years now (I tend to move slower on our daily drivers
). And surprisingly, the Camry will cost $10 less than the Chevelles' cost of $130. Not a bad deal!

------------------
70' Malibu - 383 Stroker that loves Dental Gas! Chevellz Alwayz!

·
Registered
720 Posts
Just curious. Do you have glass coverage on your car insurance? My wife and I have had at least 5 winshields replaced on our cars at no cost to us. My Chevelle is on it's third. You might want to check your policy.

·
Premium Member
4,478 Posts
Wes-

I hope you specified a windshield with the integrated radio antenna ("hidden winshield antenna") if the original had one. I always bring this up because sometimes the glass shops take things for granted.

Coppertop a.k.a. "radiojoe"

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.