Team Chevelle banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
does anyone with a dual exhaust on a 70ish chevelle know a good place to get pseudo-original hangers? my 70 didn't have a dual exhaust, but has the hole on the left side that mimic the right. the two hangers i'm looking for are the ones with rubber straps near the muffler. thanks!

·
Registered
11,941 Posts
gkopeck, just go to your nearest NAPA store and ask for them. NAPA sells walker exhaust parts, i got some there for my bro-in-laws 71 and they have what your looking for with the rubber straps. part# 35870+35871 for the hangers with the rubber straps, also you need these part #'s for the tail pipes 35210+35214. they are the tail pipe hangers.

[This message has been edited by chev64 (edited 04-06-99).]

·
Premium Member
9,796 Posts
My luck with auto parts stores on exhaust system stuff has been really poor; it seems that when I look for Chevelle stuff they just will not pursue it even if they can get it through the normal channels. So, I have had good luck with OPG on the hangers.

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
i agree, my local chevy dealer wouldn't even look in his book, and the autozone guy was even worse.
thanks '64, i'll print out those parts and go there tomorrow!
bye

·
Boldly procrastrinating
66 El Camino 57 Chevy pickup 2004 Tahoe
29,002 Posts
chev64

Thanks very much! Exactly what I've been needing to see. I love this site.

Tom

·
Premium Member
1,744 Posts
After everybody and his brother tried to sell me the generic single strap hanger, I found the right ones an NAPA. No fuss, no muss. I think some places (like NAPA) still require some automotive knowledge as a prerequisite to being hired.

·
Registered
1,747 Posts
I agree, I think NAPA and a very few others hire people who actually know what a BB chevy is. But you have to give the other guys credit for hiring the automotive handicap!

------------------
Steve Strasemeier (70SS)

·
Registered
61 Posts
Don't forget to check Ground Up's catalog for the parts you need. We sure need to support them.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.