Team Chevelle banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am new to this, I'm trying to get my dash light s to work. There is a light behind the fuel and water temp with a black wire about 8 to 10 inches long attached to it. But I do not know where it goes. Could you Help? The end is for a push in connector not a spade. Does this even belong?

·
Registered
7,758 Posts
Do you have 12 volts to ground on both sides of the dash lamp fuse? The short one on the bottom of the fuse box.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks Elree Thats what it was . I never thought a 1970 would have a fibre optic cable Thanks again

·
Premium Member
1,226 Posts
Elree Colby:
Please explain the fiber optic wire. I have a 64 Conv and Im installing my dash harness now, without any knowledge of this wire

·
Premium Member
2,221 Posts
It's not a wire, it's a fiber optic cable. It attaches to a dash light and to the ashtray. It captures light from the dash light and directs it to the ashtray. The first year for it was 68.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Does anyone know which hole this wire connects to in the dash cluster? I have a 71 monte with ss gauges and I removed that bulb from the cluster and I cannot remember which hole it goes in, thanks

1 - 7 of 7 Posts