Team Chevelle banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
736 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i have two vehicles with oem HEI and the amp gauges dont work in either vehicle.one is a oem factory gauge and one is aftermarket.can someone tell me where to connect these gauges to get them to function? thanks much,this is a very helpful site!

·
Registered
736 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
duh,sorry..1985 chevy siverado pickup truck.smallblock chevy.factory HEI ignition.factory ammeter.thanks for your help.

·
Premium Member
6,740 Posts
Originally posted by bowtie455:
duh,sorry..1985 chevy siverado pickup truck.smallblock chevy.factory HEI ignition.factory ammeter.thanks for your help.
An ammeter right, not a voltmeter? Is it stock?

·
Registered
736 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
its stock...(factory)...isn't working..i have no idea whether its a voltmeter or ammeter.it has a picture of a little battery in the center of the gauge and has numbers from left to right showing 8-13-18.i'm gonna join team chevelle when my finances allow it,i need a lotta help!thanks.

·
Premium Member
6,740 Posts
Originally posted by bowtie455:
its stock...(factory)...isn't working..i have no idea whether its a voltmeter or ammeter.it has a picture of a little battery in the center of the gauge and has numbers from left to right showing 8-13-18.i'm gonna join team chevelle when my finances allow it,i need a lotta help!thanks.
That would be a voltmeter. Should be connected to ground on one side and to a 12v switched source on the other. 12v ignition source off of the main fuse block, only has power when the ignition is on.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts