Team Chevelle banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part May's Ride of the Month Challenge!

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,492 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm finally ready to purchase a new 66 SS hood. I know that everyone has them, and they are all made by Goodmark, but where is the best place to get one from? As far as shipping, damage, price, etc. I live in Buffalo NY, so I guess the closer the place is, the better. Any suggestions?

·
Registered
934 Posts
I would try to find a vendor within driving distance so you can save the shipping and inspect it before buying. Shipping something this large is going to be expensive and usually gets damaged on the way.

Check for any car shows in your area to find vendors or maybe someone here will know of one. Most times, they will have these panels right at the show.

------------------
Bob (Pa.)

1963 Impala 283
1966 Chevelle SS 409
1969 Malibu 307
1972 Malibu 307
1969 Chevy stepside 350

Check out my website:
Bobs 409 Chevy Page

Looking for Chevelle or Impala parts? Click here:
Chevelle parts for sale

·
Registered
500 Posts
Call Goodmark and ask if they're going to be at any swap meets in your area. Have them make sure to bring what you want. That way you don't pay any shipping. Of course this will only work if you have a truck.
I don't really know where all the other vendors are located, I know there is a National Parts Depot in Michigan and Florida.

------------------
http://72sselcamino1.tripod.com/calscaminos/

[This message has been edited by 72sselcamino (edited 05-29-2001).]

·
Premium Member
1,133 Posts
Isn't our sponsor, Ground Up, located in NY?

------------------
Tom Wood
Gold Member #66
Looking forward to getting my cars restification to the point where I don't have to answer the question "What is it?" anymore!

·
Premium Member
7,460 Posts
Hey Tom.....Did you pay AL extra to get that member #
Maybe I could rent it from ya...just until your car is done
That's a nice #.

P.S. The better question might be, who has used one of these new repro. hoods, I know the 67 Hoods are known to be junk

Mike

------------------
MY 66 SS.COM
ACES # 1493
TEAM # 751
All Chevelles Video available, e-mail me!

·
Registered
293 Posts
Actually, Goodmark should be able to direct you to a local stocking distributor. I know they're listed by state in Goodmark's catalog. If I had mine here I could list some numbers for you but they should be relatively easy to find online.

------------------

Mark
1970 SS454 LS6 (nom)
-------------------------
"Those who would sacrifice their freedom to achieve a measure of 'safety' deserve neither freedom nor safety."

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.