Team Chevelle banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi there. I am in London, Uk and have a 1969 Chevelle SS396. I have broken the drivers side vent control in the footwell and am struggling to find a replacement. Anyone over there know where I can find one? My interior is green....Photo attached.
Thanks
David
Hood Automotive lighting Automotive tire Motor vehicle Automotive design

·
Registered
1969 Chevelle 2 Door Sport Coupe Malibu COPO clone
5,787 Posts
:cool: That particular A/C Vent Cable Retainer is not available in reproduction. Finding an original is possible, if you have the pieces try to glue it together. You may also try looking on eBay.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks Nickey. I've tried that before but if they don't remake them I'll try again and try ebay. Thanks for the advice. Part of it has been knowing what to call it!
David

·
Registered
5,787 Posts
Thanks Nickey. I've tried that before but if they don't remake them I'll try again and try ebay. Thanks for the advice. Part of it has been knowing what to call it!
David
:cool: What's the condition of the pull cable? I happen to have one in green. I'm not certain which side the one I have is for. I'd be happy to post a picture if you're in need.

·
Registered
1,396 Posts
Plastic welding or this two part stuff for plastic bumper repair works really well. It's Not epoxy. it's called Proform Truckline Adhesive Urethane. Comes in two caulking style tubes side by side...hardener and resin... It may be a cheaper option than the part on ebay.
It is sandable and paintable also work time is 30 mins and dry time 90 mins.

·
Registered
5,787 Posts
David
:cool: The 1969 FAIM shows that the part fits either the right or left Kick Panel. The P/N: 3949822 and calls it a "Chart-Cable Bezel"

·
Registered
5,787 Posts
1 - 12 of 12 Posts