Team Chevelle banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi All,

My '69 SS has a set of Goodyear Eagle ST raised white letter tires. One of them is bad. The other three are like new. Goodyear has discontinued making this tire. My local Goodyear dealer was unable to locate one for me. Do any of you know of any place that might have one of these still in their inventory? The size I need is P225/70/14.

Thanks!

Jeff

·
Registered
171 Posts
Goodyear quit making these tires several years ago. I know how you feel, I have a set on my car and they are good looking tires. The only thing I know of is try going to a swap meet or flea market. I have seen a few for sale this way but finding the size you want may be tough. Good Luck.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Try calling 1 800 GOODYEAR. I work at Corporate headquarters for Goodyear. I will talk to customer service for you.

[This message has been edited by STEVE_CUDDIHY (edited 08-31-99).]

·
Registered
705 Posts
The last bunch they had were P245-60-15. I wanted the P235-60-15 so I bought the only white lettered tire available from GoodYear which is a P235-60-15 in the Eagle GT II. The letters are a tad bigger than the ST series but not that noticeable. I guess people don't want the Nascar Yellow lettering either.

Mark

·
Registered
994 Posts
I've discovered that if there is enough of a demand for certian products they'll start reproducing them. Not to say that they will. I'm sure there are a lot of other people in the same boat as you are. The Eagle St tires had excellant traction but wore out rather quickly due to the softer compound and to keep up with the compitition (milage tires) they discontinued them. Sometimes they'll change for no apparent reason. Supply & Demand. I know this doesn't get your tires, but I thought it was cool insite

·
Registered
60 Posts
I read the post, and was curious as to find out if these are worth a premium? I purchased my 70SS Elky a year ago March, and the car had brand new Goodyear Eagle ST tires in 225/70/14. I took them off, along with the factory SS wheels for storage when I purchased new TA's and Weld Drag-Lites. My neighbor wanted to purchase the set for $100, but I told him I wanted to keep them on my SS rims. Thanks, Don

------------------
Don McGowen
1970 SS El Camino
Gold #179

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.