Team Chevelle banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part JULY's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,430 Posts
Kinda makes me sad to see these. You have to wonder, did they really need to make 3000 of...name your airplane.

Daren

·
Registered
14,977 Posts
Makes you wonder why congress appropriates money for new C130s while they park perfectly good C130s in the desert.
The boneyard is pretty cool, they have B1 bombers parked out there, saw a bunch B52s out their cut for scrap. Like the article says a lot of those planes are just mothballed. I think some of tbose are actually pulled out of storage, fueled and run once or twice a year and put back to bed. Sort of like what we do with our old cars. Jim

·
Registered
293 Posts
Makes you wonder why congress appropriates money for new C130s while they park perfectly good C130s in the desert.
The boneyard is pretty cool, they have B1 bombers parked out there, saw a bunch B52s out their cut for scrap. Like the article says a lot of those planes are just mothballed. I think some of tbose are actually pulled out of storage, fueled and run once or twice a year and put back to bed. Sort of like what we do with our old cars. Jim
Me and some friends hopped the fence when we were in high school. We were able to get into some old planes before security chased us out....really cool experience.

·
Premium Member
231 Posts
Tugs at my heart to see 141s that we worked so hard to keep flying and C-5s that were brand new during the time I was an aircraft wrench bender 43151E. Great aircraft that accomplished a great deal of work for the USA.

·
Registered
13,190 Posts
Not all of them make it to the boneyard!!!! We're still working on putting ours back in the sky. Start looking for us at your local airshow.
Oh ya------------turn up the volume!

Reactions: davewho1

·
Premium Member
1,404 Posts
While serving in the USAF back in 1980 and stationed at Ft Huachuca, AZ doing joint venture work with Army, Navy and Civilian contractors. My wife and I had many opportunities to drive past this bone yard. Could easily see many of these aircraft from the highway.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts