Team Chevelle banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part JULY's Ride of the Month Challenge!
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Would like any sugguestions. Have a 71 elky "SS"(make believe). Have the original wheels, would like to save them, and install some chrome. Most people seems to go with the Crager 15X7 part# 617179/they are nice, any other sugguestions and what size raised letter tire would fit with no alterations.

·
Registered
777 Posts
You'd probably get better response for this thread if you put it in the wheels & tires section of the forum. Plus you can do a search and find alot of information too.

------------------
Better Late than Never Fred
Team Chevelle #400
Madness takes it's toll, please have exact change.
www.chevelles.com/showroom/Riffers70_1

·
Premium Member
13,692 Posts
I have a 72 malibu, not sure if the wheel wells are the same in a el camino as a chevelle...I am running 15 X 8 weld drag lites with 275 60X15 cooper gt radials and I plenty of room....

------------------
Bob West
Monett,Mo.
1972 Malibu,461 cid.

[This message has been edited by Rapid Robert (edited 12-28-1999).]

[This message has been edited by Rapid Robert (edited 12-28-1999).]

·
Registered
18 Posts
I also was going to get cragers for my 72 chevelle ss but then one day I was bored and decided to go to sears auto to see what they carried and surprised i seen they had a rim i like better then the cragers they where american racing tork truster2 which looks like the cragers but then also could get it with chevy ss engraved in center.

·
Registered
18 Posts
I also was going to get cragers for my 72 chevelle ss but then one day I was bored and decided to go to sears auto to see what they carried and surprised i seen they had a rim i like better then the cragers they where american racing tork truster2 which looks like the cragers but then also could get it with chevy ss engraved in center.

·
Registered
948 Posts
I think vanrhee meant Torq Thrust II, but I have read that the chrome on the Cragar S/Ss chip off. I am looking at possibly Weld Pro Stars cause they are so light.

------------------
Jay W.
In-the-works 67 Malibu
surferwagons.8m.com

·
Registered
149 Posts
I have a set of Cragar SS with spinner centers for my ragtop and I had to put the 15X8 to the side because, like Jason said, the chrome was peeling off. I bought'em used so maybe they had alot of miles before peeling. I also like the Torq Thrust II. A company called Radir makes a very similar wheel to the SS and they also have spinners. I don't know how much Radirs cost, but, if they're cheaper it'd be the way to go because they look great. Cragar SST and Weld somethings also look good. Just remember to check backspacing so you don't cut a tire or rip out your 1/4s (I had the unpleasant experience of ripping out both 1/4s on my coupe
).

------------------
Mike
formerly known as gotapileof70Malibu
'70 Malibu
'70 Malibu convertible
see the ragtop at:
http://genxrodsandcustoms.8m.com/mike.html
North Vernon, IN

[This message has been edited by RagTop70 (edited 12-29-1999).]

·
Premium Member
1,337 Posts
I have Cragar ss rims on my 72 chevelle. They have been on there for 3 years, including almost 2 in the desert. No chips or peeling.
kevin d

·
Gold Founding Member
5,822 Posts
I have had several sets of Cragar SS's, to me they look good on almost any car. You have to take care of them, they will peel if they are never cleaned or if they are used in the winter where they get salt on them. Like anything else, if you take care of them, they will take care of you.
Ron

------------------
70 Chevelle SS396, 66 Nova SS, 95 Z28 Convertible. Aces 3081, TC #54 Gold

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.