Team Chevelle banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Premium Member
866 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I finally got the wheel wells out on the passenger rear. What a chore that was. Now the question. I know I need to have the new quarter in hand and lined up for the outer well, but how about the inner? Can I go ahead and start tacking that in place? Or should I wait and attach to the outer, attached to the quarter and do it as one?

Help!

·
Registered
80 Posts
I wouldn't tack it in until I had it all lined up with all the pieces clecoed or screwed in place and you are satisfied with it... then and only then would I start the welding. Remember, do NOT get in a hurry with sheetmetal, you will regret it later.

Rich

·
Registered
20,389 Posts
clamp the wheelwell to the quarter, then adust the quarter so it fits right, then clamp or sheetmetal the wheelwell in place to the car, then unclamp it from the quarter.

·
Registered
80 Posts
There appears to be alignment holes that I ran bolts through and nutted to make it fit perfectly.....any thoughts on that?
I think those holes are tooling holes and I would shy away from using those holes as a means of linning up and installing the wheel wells. When I did mine those holes ended up being 3/8" to 1/2" apart from each other.

Just remember, be patient and take your time. Never get in a hurry with sheetmetal. Fit and re-fit until you get it to your satisfaction, then have your wife, girlfriend or best friend look at the job to give you another opinion.

Rich

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.