Team Chevelle banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part May's Ride of the Month Challenge!

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Super Moderator
16,020 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Way back when, (1985) when I had my car together for the first time I put in new rubber bushings and had no wheel hop problems. Zoom forward to the summer of 2000 following the 2nd frame off restoration (it sat in pieces for 13 of those years) and wheel hop has raised it's ugly head with a vengance. The car still sported the rubber bushings that were installed in the first restoration since they looked good and had very few miles on them. Well, looks can be deceiving.

I opted for urathane bushings this time and made sure the car was at ride height before torquing the bolts and the wheel hop is completely gone! That (accidental, officer!) burn out was VERY satisfying today! Now I kind of wish I'd first just tried retorquing the bolts at ride height (they were torqued with the body off the frame at first) to see if that alone would have done the trick as someone here suggested but it drives very nicely and I'm happy with the results. I'll bet urathanes in the front suspension would be nice too!

------------------
NCOA member #220
ACES member #1670
Team Chevelle #998
Rich's 1965 Malibu SS Restoration Project Progress Page
1:18 scale diecast car Detailing by Scooter

·
Registered
3,175 Posts
They are.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
Status