Team Chevelle banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I found a set of torque thrust wheels for a great price. The fronts are 17x9 and rears are 17x10.5 they are all 7.5 backspacing. Will these work on 71 chevelle. Jyst got the car and not sure if the backspacing of these would work or not.

·
Registered
From Australia to the USA.
211 Posts
I would say that's a hard no with that backspace.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I'm trying to figure out what wheel size and tires to go with for 18 inch and 20 inch. Not sure which way I'm going but wanting inground to put widest wheel and tire I can without rolling or beating in fenders. Sto k suspension with air shocks and drum rears. Everything read some say 295 some say 305 with somewhere between 5.5 and 6.25 backspacing. Just not sure what to get

·
Registered
5,721 Posts

·
Registered
From Australia to the USA.
211 Posts
I agree with Kirk. I said no to a few set of off the shelf wheel because i needed the usual backsapce that goes with 10 rear. where as a cheaper (read half the price) wheel would of fit if my rear end sit just right and the inner fenders were original.

measure, measure, measure again.

the sticky in wheel and tire forum will help alot also.

and the difference can be in tire size. the 295 of 1 brand can be the same as 305 in the other. that is what alot of people choose nitto as they tend to run on the smaller side. and this basically means that the sidewall is built a little different and the overrun from the where they measure the tread is shorter.

but

measure measure measure

and if you read around the net, some guys are running 315 on rears. but that an 11inch rim with coilovers as well and pro touring suspension with roto joints to reduce flex.

there is alot more to getting big tires under the rear if you want it measured down to the mm.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts