Team Chevelle banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part May's Ride of the Month Challenge!

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am racing a -64 Chevelle in the La carrera panamericana and we can only use stock wheel diameter. Does anybody know if a -64 or -65 Chevelle was ever sold with 15 inch wheels?
For more info of my car you can go to: www.eimsdirect.com/race
Mats

·
Registered
91 Posts
In 1965 the Z-16 Chevelle came with 15 inch wheels.

·
Registered
309 Posts
I bought my car with 14 inch wheels and the odometer was a tenth of a mile slow and I put 15s on my '71 and it ran perfect;test it in between mile markers if it is street legal

·
Registered
76 Posts
Jerry,

Both books I have show that all 201 factory Z-16 chevelles still ran a 14" rim and tires.

Are you sure some of them came with 15" or could these have been dealer installed?

Just wondering if my books are wrong or not?

Rich Hexemer
69 SS396
59 Vette

·
Premium Member
19,960 Posts
<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by young gun '71:
I bought my car with 14 inch wheels and the odometer was a tenth of a mile slow and I put 15s on my '71 and it ran perfect;test it in between mile markers if it is street legal<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

What size were the tires on each though? It's the overall diameter of the tire that makes the difference.

------------------
Dale
TC Gold #92/ACES #1709
67 SS & 67 Elky
Dale's Place
Team 67
Integrity: If you have it, it doesn't matter - If you don't have it, it doesn't matter.

·
Premium Member
19,960 Posts
<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Richss396:
Jerry,

Both books I have show that all 201 factory Z-16 chevelles still ran a 14" rim and tires.

Are you sure some of them came with 15" or could these have been dealer installed?

Just wondering if my books are wrong or not?

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

The only 15" wheels my GM catalog shows are for a Passenger car in that year. Chevelles still had 13" and 14" wheels. 67 Chevelles still had 14" tires/wheels.

------------------
Dale
TC Gold #92/ACES #1709
67 SS & 67 Elky
Dale's Place
Team 67
Integrity: If you have it, it doesn't matter - If you don't have it, it doesn't matter.

·
Registered
91 Posts
Rich I think you are right,sorry about the misinformation.I checked a couple of sources I have and they both said that the Z-16 came with 7.75 x 14 wheels.There is a web site under search in Yahoo for Chevelle Z-16 that lists 15 inch wheels as standard on the Z-16 but now I have my doubts.Again sorry for the misinformation.Jerry

------------------
66 El Camino 350 4 speed
68 Nova 454 4speed

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.