Team Chevelle banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 69 Chevelle with a 548, TH400 and a 3.31 12 bolt posi. When I got the car (originally 350 sb) it had rear 295/50-15's on 10" rally's with a 5" backspace. The tires would have rubbed the wheelwells if not for very stiff springs. Since there was well over an inch of clearance inside, a 5 1/2" bs would do the trick. I got a set of BFG drag radials in 275/50-15 on 8" rally's with 4 1/2" bs. These tires look lost. There's still an inch inside and an inch clearance to the wheel well. The next bigger size BFG is a 325/50. I'd put that on the 10" rim. I searched the wheel/tire archive but didn't find this combo. Can somebody help?

Thanks,
Gary

·
Registered
845 Posts
i've got MT 325/50R15's on the back with 10" rallies with 5.5" bs.

They rubbed at first but I pounded in the inner fender lining and rolled the fender lip and I haven't heard it rub anymore. They look nasty on the back and hook good.

I got 325's because nobody runs them because they think they are too much,truely they aren't. If your hauling 5 people and a trunk load of crap around all the time then I'd say don't get em.:D no way around the rubbin' then.

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanx for the info but I have 295/50's. They are totally useless. At the track I had to partial throttle 1st and 2nd gear. When I got into 3rd at over a 100 mph I started to put my foot into the gas pedal. The rear tires broke loose so bad it actually started to fishtail. Got out of throttle completely and still did 113 mph thru the traps. I need street drag radials. So I got the BFG 275/50's. Haven't gotten to the track but on the street they won't hold 1st gear. But 2nd and 3rd hooks up. Car is as fast as the 9 sec Camaro I used to run in Super Pro/Gas. As I said earlier there's room for a bigger tire, but the next bigger BFG size is the 325/50.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.