Team Chevelle banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2,938 Posts
Snake oil.....

If I told you that the population of Dane County, Wisconsin was using it, would that keep your interest? That's about 500,000 people.

4 patents? Big deal...a patent is about has easy to get as the common cold, and is no claim to how good an item is.

If it was truely a worthwhile device, it would already be sold with your car, either as std equipment, or an option.

Kurt

·
Premium Member
2,001 Posts
it sounds like it could delay the brake reaction time and make your braking distance longer not shorter. I wouldn't use it.

·
Administrator
16,196 Posts
I would have to agree with Kurt and Joe. To me it looks like it could be some sort of "cushioning" device that would limit the initial presure to the wheels and after that have no effect. My concern would be with the loss of brakes if it malfunctioned.
(insert soap box for me to stand on)
If you know how to drive anti-lock brakes, yaw control, active suspensions and the rest of the hi tech stuff that takes away our ability to drive the vehicle and gives it to a computer isn't needed. These new cars are probably going to kill even more people. Think about it, you fly into a turn and the computer compensates for your lack of driving skill and 2 things happen. 1. You didn't learn that you should have slowed down, and 2. what happens when you out drive the computers ability to save your butt. Just my $.02. I started driving when you had to learn how to handle a car, not just point it where you wanted to go.
(big hook drags me off stage)

------------------
Philip Valentine
Lakeside, AZ
Gold Member #42
"Perseverance is not a long race; it is many short races one after another."
[email protected]

·
Registered
548 Posts
Anti lock brakes SUCK.I had to stop fast with my boat in tow,ever since the dash light has been on.And there is nothing wrong with the brakes. So I disconnected them under the hood, I am not stupid I know when the wheels are sliding I don't need a computer to tell me.I realize not everyone does so these are the people that do need them,or so the engineers think!Or is it just to save lawsuits.My brakes work better than before and I don't have a computer interfering...FRED

------------------

·
Registered
622 Posts
From reading the description, it looks like simply an "air over hydraulic" reservoir. Just let a little air into your brake system and voila, you have it !All the "feedback" crap is just hydraulic pulses generated from irregularities in your drums or discs. You already have that, just add air and you're in business. Seems to be expensive junk.

------------------
Gotta have a Chevy !In Durham N.C.
Make it look the way you like it, forget what the other guys say! :D

·
Registered
777 Posts
Air into my brake system...hmmmm...thought I BLED the damned things to get RID of that!!!
(dropping the hook that dragged poor Philip off)
To me this is like adding aftermarket cruise control to my Chevelle. NO WAY! And I'm no fan of ABS either. The state police here in Jersey HATE it! They are asking to get vehicles with it removed, or never installed!

------------------
Better Late than Never Fred
Team Chevelle #400
Madness takes it's toll, please have exact change.
www.chevelles.com/showroom/Riffers70_1

·
Registered
36 Posts
This thing was first introduced as the "Safety Braker" for motorcycles. It gives the hydraulic system a cushion to stop brake lockup, sorta like a controlled air bubble, only without the bubble on the hydarulic fluid side.

Inside the little canister, there is a sealed air area, and a piston, brake fluid and a closed system, air area on the other.

As the brake fluid pressure comes up, the piston moves against the air area pressure, and keeps the fluid system from locking the brake cylinders and/or calipers.

Ever try to stop a vehicle with really wet drum brakes? That is the way this stuff makes the brakes feel. Real un-easy feeling.

It didn't work on bikes, and it doesn't work on cars. Can we all say "gimmick"!!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.