Team Chevelle banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part May's Ride of the Month Challenge!

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
171 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just put new bowl gaskets in my holley carb, it had been setting for a year or so off the car and when I put it back on it had a bad fuel leak front and back. now the leak is gone but the carb is running weird, its to rich, black smoke out the exhaust, if I turn the idle adjusting screws in all the way it runs better/smoother, no hint of dying. this carb ran perfect the last time I had it on the car, whats wrong now? also the only other thing I changed was the power valve from a 8.5 to the 6.5 that came with the rebuild kit.

·
Registered
97 Posts
Did you change metering block gasket's if they shrink up they will let gas run in and act like blown power valve, wrong gasket will do same thing.

------------------
Rodney Colbert
ACES#01881 TC#652
70 L78 M21, fathom blue with pearl interior Chevelle 68 RS/SS 350HP 396 RED with black top red interior 400 turbo factory air PS PB Camaro

·
Registered
196 Posts
cortez, I had the exact same problem when I changed the gaskets on my holley. Turned out I had bought wrong gaskets for my carb. There is a difference. I would recheck the gaskets first.

·
Registered
133 Posts
Geez ed why not just call me?? I see how you are
If you still need help just give me a call and ill find some time this week after work. CHRIS

·
Boldly procrastrinating
66 El Camino 57 Chevy pickup 2004 Tahoe
29,179 Posts
Probably have the wrong gasket on the power valve or some other similar deal with wrong gaskets.

Tom

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.