Team Chevelle banner
1 - 20 of 63 Posts

·
Registered
1,343 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Driving home tonight someone looked right at me, ran a stop sign, then flicked me off. Then he flicked me off again about a 1/4 mile down the road, then flicked me off again before turning off. I never honked, or gestured. What the heck is wrong with some people? I'm really starting to worry about the people in my area. Seems to be a lot of unjustifiable aggressive behavior.

·
Premium Member
5,632 Posts
a couple months back, there was a guy so bent on me not getting in front of him, that he ran into the guy in front of him. i had my blinker on the whole time, waiting for him to back off a few feet, so i could slip my harley into the lane i needed. he just wouldn't back out, so i accelerated past the next car, so did this dip stick, right into the poor people in front of him....what a putz....

·
Registered
364 Posts
Could you be that guy in the left lane doing 15 mph under the limit? Maybe you were holding up traffic for god knows how long and it took him that long to catch up to you to tell you your #1 :) Or did you wait until the last second and switch over 3 lanes of traffic, knowing you had to get at that exit anyways? Or maybe HE was just an idiot ;)

·
Registered
1,219 Posts
That's when it's nice to lay the hand gun on the dash board. PS: Make sure you have concealed carry license.

·
Registered
1,343 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
That's when it's nice to lay the hand gun on the dash board. PS: Make sure you have concealed carry license.

I do, and today kinda made think it's for the old S&W 686 4" to stay in the console. I never carried. You have to have one in CT to geth through the red tape of buying firearm in this state. I'm starting to think twice about carrying.

·
Premium Member
13,664 Posts
LMAO:yes:
They dont do that crap to me because of my truck...:D I just run them over.:D

·
Registered
1,343 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Could you be that guy in the left lane doing 15 mph under the limit? Maybe you were holding up traffic for god knows how long and it took him that long to catch up to you to tell you your #1 :) Or did you wait until the last second and switch over 3 lanes of traffic, knowing you had to get at that exit anyways? Or maybe HE was just an idiot ;)

His road came to a T with my road. I had no stop sign, he did. Completely unprovoked. I should have been the one waving with less than 5 fingers. Rather erratic and unpredictable behavior if you ask me.

·
Premium Member
13,664 Posts
Or have them follow you too closely at a high rate of speed only to watch them crash into a cliff in your rear view mirror!:D
That too, LMAO:thumbsup::D
Very funny you mention that one Jason...hehe Like the episode at CB06

·
Registered
4,030 Posts
Don't get me started again....
Sounds like the guy who inherited the last of my can of soda that day.... Ahhhh, too bad it was Winter. It bounced right off the window. Of course, then he followed me to work and proceeded to tell me all about how he was going to kill me, (while 911 was on the phone in my hand going "Hello?.....HelLOOO!") and telling me he was on the phone with the police. I think they gave me a break when they arrived because I refrained from ruining the rest of the guys week by telling them that he was repeatedly threatening to kill me. I figured he had enough to clean up explaining why a guy from North Jersey was in the parking lot at my work at 6:15AM. It's probably a good thing that I don't carry. He might have ended up bleeding a lot.

K

·
Premium Member
6,740 Posts
I see crazy stuff all the time. It's like people can't stand to see someone get in front of them. Doesn't matter if they're doing 10mph under the limit, don't pass. I saw an old fart pass a guy on the railroad tracks then cut him off and almost run him off the road because the guy had passed him.

If you want to pass me go for it, I'm driving the speed I'm driving. Pass if you want. I avoid the left lane on a 3 lane freeway. Actually make just as good or better time staying in the middle or right lane in heavy traffic. That extra 30 seconds saved on a 35 minute commute is just not worth the aggravation.

·
Registered
15,815 Posts
With high fuel prices, I'm seeing a very noticeable decline in the aggressiveness of the driving around here... people are driving a lot closer to the speed limit now. I used to drive 80 everywhere (all interstate w/ 70mph speed limit) and maybe 10% of the traffic was going faster than me. Now I set the cruise at 73, and maybe 5% drive faster than me. :) I don't think traffic enforcement is a factor either, as I've only seen somebody pulled over on the stretch of road I drive daily twice in the past 7 years. (which is why I used to go 80 :D )

·
Premium Member
5,539 Posts
I drive a full size pickup, so no one has ever really done anything too stupid around me ( cutting off, etc ). At this stage, with the truck being 14 years old, I'll just hit 'em....

·
Registered
2,676 Posts
Driving 77 in a 70, move to the passing lane to get past the 70 mph drivers and some little sports car FLIES right up behind me at near 90. Hugs my bumper the entire time until I pass the other 3 cars, before I can get back over he swerves in the 1.5-car gap and zooms ahead of me (nearly cutting off the other drivers) and up comes the finger out the sunroof and he just holds it there. Meanwhile, his litle girlfirend turns around and just gives me the stinkeye. OKAAAAY

Finally get to my exit and there he is standing behind his car talking to an officer. We made eye contact and I just smiled the whole time. THAT was beautiful. Reminded me of the tortoise and the hare.

I suppose I could understand his actions towards me If I were going 65 in a 70 in the fast lane, but I was speeding myself!

·
Registered
1,343 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
I drive a full size pickup, so no one has ever really done anything too stupid around me ( cutting off, etc ). At this stage, with the truck being 14 years old, I'll just hit 'em....

Wow. Really? Good thinking Dan.

1 - 20 of 63 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.