Team Chevelle banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
367 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am going to Nashville on a business trip some time during the week of June 21-25. The way it's setting up, I'll have the better part of a day and the evening to myself after I first arrive. Anybody tell me about any good cruise spots there during the week? I'd like to give my boss a taste of the great cars down there. How about good parts places too!?! Thanks guys!

·
Registered
446 Posts
DaDon- what day of the week are you going to have open? The ACES Show takes over on thursday, and friday is the actual Show, followed by a little cruise, and there's Union Hill, a little drag strip (they also run tuesday night)
Saturday we are cruising about 20-30 miles to Franklin to a large cruise-in...
You and the Boss are just a week or two late for the Power Tour Finale. We shutdown the downtown area for that one.
Seeya at the show.

·
Gold Founding Member
5,803 Posts
You will like the Franklin cruise, dont miss it, its always packed Saturdays beginning around 5:00. All kinds of cars there every week but the participants have to park in the grass now, hope that isnt a problem for anyone.
Ron

------------------
70 Chevelle SS396, 71 Z28-RS, 95 Z28 Convertible. Aces 3081

·
Registered
367 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks guys! Moeman, I don't know yet exactly when I'll be there. I should know Monday or Tuesday. I'm not looking for any big events...just wondering if there's any diners or some place where guys and cars get together during the week. TooCool...I wish I could be there Saturday night, but they're only letting me stay overnight during the week. Maybe another time, I'll get back down there and spend some time.

·
Premium Member
354 Posts
I too am flying into Nashville early Friday morning. I am renting a car for the weekend and leaving my 70 SS El Camino in Texas. How does one get to participate in the Franklin Cruise, should I find someone who might have an extra seat in their car and bum a ride? I know they don't want an Avis rent car in the line.

This is my first nationals and look forward to absorbing all the " Chevelleness".

See you all there

------------------

·
Gold Founding Member
5,803 Posts
Just drive down and park and walk around with everyone else, there are more spectators than participants. A lot of people bring chairs and just sit and watch the cars come and go. Actually its more like a car show than a cruise, the cars usually park and everyone walks around. They have a DJ and hula hoop contests for the kids, bubble gum contests and trivia questions for prizes.
I went tonite and there were about 75 cars and more coming.
Ron

------------------
70 Chevelle SS396, 71 Z28-RS, 95 Z28 Convertible. Aces 3081, TC #54 Gold

·
Registered
367 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Moeman...I'm flying into Nashville Wednesday morning, the 23rd and leaving late afternoon the 24th. Anything going on in/near the downtown area or within a reasonable drive Wednesday nights?

·
Registered
446 Posts
Well, maybe Toocool can help us here with some ideas...
We do have a Nascar Cafe downtown on Broadway. There are alot of cruise spots but mainly fri and sat night.
Now- Wed evening (6pm) we are going to be stuffing goodie bags at the Shoney's Inn meeting room on Long Hollow Pike. There will be some cars there, last year people started showing up on wednesday.
I will be leaving from work in the Silverado around 5. I could meet you and show you the way up there.
And thusday is a regular day at the show- full of cars,vendors, alot going on.
E-mail me tonight or tomorrow and I can give you my work phone and mobile number if you want.
It's Showtime fellers!

·
Registered
687 Posts
Moe Man
What ACES show is in Nashville week of 21-25?

------------------
John 67SS
ACES #2887
TC #127

·
Registered
446 Posts
Nashville ACES Show = June 10-11-12
This is the BIG ONE

June 19 Southern Wheels Show in Tullahoma
June 24-26 Petersen Show in Bowling Green Kentucky-
Neither of these are ACES shows.