Team Chevelle banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
689 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I figured things were getting a little to quiet around here so I think we should share our pain.....

My non-car related boneheaded move was two weeks ago. As part of my job in law enforcement, I occasionally have to swear out informations to lay charges. I guess I caught this one judge on a bad day, becasue he didnt like my Warrant package and told me it wasnt valid, I asked why, he wouldnt answer and then he proceeded to lecture me on what its like to be a judge and how much pressure the job has etc etc etc. I just stood there not saying anything and finally he turned and looked at me and said "WELL....DO YOU EVEN CARE????".....My response was "Not really......". Needless to say, I was told in no uncertain terms that if I didn't vacate his chambers at the speed of light, he was going to hold me in contempt. Next time I'll just nod and agree with whatever a judge says.

Car related: I took my baby out for a spin the other day, just to blow out some carbon build-up-LOL. On my way out onto the street from the underground parking garage it's stored at, I decided to lay a small patch of rubber. I didn't notice the cop sitting parked down the street sitting behind a truck. By the time I saw him his head snapped right up and he stared right at me and started to glare intently as I went by doing about 60. At this point, I am feeling my undershorts starting to get tacky and wet. I slowed down and drove as normally as I could to make myself inconspicuous. He didnt follow me, didnt even move or make any attempt to turn on his overhead lights. I think I have 8 lives left now.

·
Premium Member
8,794 Posts
When I was younger, I dropped my friend off at his house, we were always beatin our cars up, anyway he got out, and I thought I would show off, so I put it in reverse and nailed it, forgot this big maple, drove the whole trunk in on my car, and my neck was sore for a long time.

Rob

·
Registered
224 Posts
Boy, that judge story really burns my bacon. Judges often feel they deserve more respect than anyone else because of the job they have. I was always taught to respect the uniform, not necessarily the person. They seem to think they rule the world- at least that's been my experience. When that robe comes off, you're no different than anyone else IMO. He's drunk with power...

Most boneheaded? Tough call. Too many to relate :(

I recall one embarrasing moment where I was going to back the 'velle out of the garage while a big party was going on a couple of houses down. Caught the edge of the bumper on the garage trim and ripped a big chunk out of it. Hard to be cool driving off after that...

1 - 5 of 5 Posts