Team Chevelle banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My 1970 Chevelle Malibu is a Sport Coupe version. What does that do? What is different between a normal Malibu and a Sport Coupe Malibu? Is this an advantage that I have the Sport Coupe? Thanks....

------------------
IrateN8
Northern California
1970 Malibu Sport Coupe
Gen-X Member

·
Registered
174 Posts
I have a 66 malibu sprot coupe and here is what i have read sport coups have no solid post between the side door windows and the back seat windows where the sedan has a solid post between them. hope that helps
PS. everyone thinks differently but I like the no post deal when the all windows are down looks kinda different then cars now adays, my opinion

------------------
OWNER OF 66 CHEVELLE MALIBU
www.geocities.com/MotorCity/Shop/9801/ Check out page dedicated to resto of my chevelle. still being made

·
Registered
112 Posts
I also have a 66 Sport Coupe. Im not sure if having no post is part of this. A coupe doesnt have a post whether its a sport or not right? It is the sedan models like the Deluxe and 300 deluxe models that have the posts. Again i am not sure but i dont think there was suck a model as just a coupe. I think they just called the coupe models sport coupes.

------------------
Jon, 66 Malibu Sport Coupe
Los Angeles CA
Team Chevelle Member #80
members.tripod.com/jon66bu/jon1.html

·
Registered
12,948 Posts
Traditionally, a Sport Coupe is a 2dr hardtop (no post). A coupe is normally a straight 2dr (posts). A Sport Sedan would be a 4dr hardtop and a sedan would be a 4dr with posts.

------------------
Tom Parsons

·
Premium Member
9,796 Posts
I think that the term "sports" coupe is the problem. A coupe ( in post-war terms) has no "B" pillar, while the sedan has the pillar (or "post" as the recent lingo has it) As for "sports" who knows just what sport the advertising folks had in mind??

·
Registered
166 Posts
actually, even back in the 20's and 30's, a sport coupe denoted a car that had no tops on the doors, aka no b pillar. some chevelles had b-pillars, making them 2-dr sedans, while others had no b-pillars, making them a "sport coupe." to my knowledge, all 70-72 2-door chevelles were sport coupes. some 70-72 4-doors had b-pillars, while others, like quadzilla's, didn't.

------------------
Ian McDermott
1970 Chevelle SS 396
Gold Member #101
E-mail: [email protected]
Web page: chevelle.dhs.org
ICQ UIN: 3923441

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.