Team Chevelle banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part May's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
7,762 Posts
It will work but I would hesitate putting in an old unit. They get rusty over time and start to act up. Then the tank has to come out again.

·
Premium Member
545 Posts
The pickup tube will be a different size from a LS6 (big block tubes are 3/8") to a 350 (small block tubes are 5/16").

·
Registered
648 Posts
A new one is still available from your local GM dealer.

Bill

·
Registered
7,762 Posts
I didn't think there were any aftermarket units. The ones I bought were in GM boxes. Found one for my 64 from some Chevy parts supplier for something like $50.00.

·
Registered
438 Posts
I bought an after market one for my 1967 Chevelle. I installed it and had no idea that the gauge would be way off. If you do buy it, Make sure you hook it up and calibrate it before tightening down the sending unit. Now I have to empty my tank, Try to take off the sending unit without damaging it and bend it up a little so its correct :mad:

·
Premium Member
1,147 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Went to Super Chevy today and came back with a sender with the part number of 6428034 which they say is the same as the 6428035. Cost $65 Chevrolet charges $175 for it but can't tell me the application. It does have a 3/8" pickup and a single tube. Anybody know how to find out if this will be ok for the LS6?

·
Registered
7,762 Posts
Compare it to the old one. It should look the same. It's not going to matter to the gage because everything after 64 was a 90 ohm sender.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts