Team Chevelle banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part JULY's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
617 Posts
Or you can try 'sail panel' . . .

·
Registered
1,120 Posts
welcome to the site ! nice project love the pics ! order up some catalogs from groundup , opgi and any other part source suppliers ! they can help alot with your project ! if you search thru the archives on the site there is a wealth of info ! try typing tail panel in the search box see what comes up ! :thumbsup:

·
Registered
617 Posts
. . . try typing tail panel in the search box see what comes up ! :thumbsup:
I was hinting, but obviously people don't get it. It's called a 'SAIL PANEL'. :frown2:

·
Registered
1,120 Posts
cody exactly what panel are you looking for ? the pictures you posted shows the lower rear trunk panel common to the quarter panel , is this the panel you are looking for ? if it is opgi has it under chevelle patch panel , lower part # ch25335 . summit has it under tail panel part # gmk403385070 hope this helps ! not sure where you are located there may be a parts supplier closer to your area such as groundup !

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Thanks for the help guys. Its the section between the trunk and quarter panel that I was having a hard time finding. I'll do some looking around when I get home. I'll keep updating as the car comes along.

·
Premium Member
1968 Malibu sport coupe, 489 ci. 590 hp 600 tq, RV T-400 Freakshow 3200 stall, 3.73 12 bolt posi
8,657 Posts
If you look online at NPDs web site go to page 183 it has sheet metal parts locator, if you have full quarters it will have the top on it, the pc. going from tail light to tail light they call rear panel 70-72 C-12966-106A $159.99, I dont work for them or anything just waiting for a phone call,lol

·
Registered
1971 Chevrolet Chevelle Malibu
7,411 Posts
Like shovelrick said it looks like you would have to buy a full quarter to get the top part of the fender that's missing and the tail lamp panel unless you can get a good used section and weld it in.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Ok guys. The car came with the right quarter but it doesn't go all the way to the trunk lid. I'll have to buy another FULL panel and the tail/rear panel. Who are the best manufacturers to go to for body panels?

·
Administrator
16,207 Posts
And what is it with people who can't just answer a simple question, instead of only posting links that have to be clicked on, unless they're just trying to build their post count????? :confused:
Chill out Bob the original poster provided that link to show more photos of his car. Maybe you should have clicked on it before replying.

·
Registered
617 Posts
Chill out Bob the original poster provided that link to show more photos of his car. Maybe you should have clicked on it before replying.
Haha. I couldn't see the pics. I was going by his description and he said the 'top' part. :eek:

·
Premium Member
1968 Malibu sport coupe, 489 ci. 590 hp 600 tq, RV T-400 Freakshow 3200 stall, 3.73 12 bolt posi
8,657 Posts
Hi Bishop 1989, I dont know your name, but NPD, Ground UP, and a lot of other places sell those parts, my body guy was somewhat ok with AMD & Goodmark, NPD was the only place I found U.S.A. made trunk floor for my 68, I would check with the supporting members here because you might get a discount for what you need or check your area for parts

·
Registered
1,109 Posts
Ok guys. The car came with the right quarter but it doesn't go all the way to the trunk lid. I'll have to buy another FULL panel and the tail/rear panel. Who are the best manufacturers to go to for body panels?

AMD panels will fit the best but none of them will fit perfectly (Including NOS) It is my understanding that the NOS parts that are available are mostly assembly line rejects. SO even though they are OEM stamped original parts, there was some sort of flaw with them.. Spend the extra $$ for AMD, you will be glad you did.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts