Team Chevelle banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
592 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Last fall I bought a 69 malibu that was listed on ebay. I dont know if anyone remembers seeing it but its suppose to have a little over 11,000 actual miles on it. The car was parked in the late 70s in Washington and sat intil 2000 at that time the car was sold to a guy in seattle Washington by the original owners son. The guy that bought it tore the malibu completly apart, when I say completly I mean completly, if there was a bolt or screw it was removed. The body was media blasted and sprayed with Dp40 which is how I bought it. The frame was completely disassembled blast,painted and reassembled with all the same parts that came with it from the factory. The car is suppose to be dusk blue with blue interior buckets console with no air

·
Premium Member
17,924 Posts
I remember a guy with a 4K mile LS-6 that was at several car shows around 03-04. It was not the benchmark car.

·
Premium Member
804 Posts
There is a 70 SS LS-6 that has 28 miles on it that has been sold a number of times in the past 5 years. Just amazing that someone could buy a car like that and not drive it!

·
Premium Member
1,497 Posts
There is a 70 SS LS-6 that has 28 miles on it that has been sold a number of times in the past 5 years. Just amazing that someone could buy a car like that and not drive it!
I've seen that car. Still has the nibs on the tires.:clonk:

·
Registered
105 Posts
My friends dad has a 67, that was bought and used as a race car for 2 years, with a factory 427 4 speed. It's been sitting in a garage pretty much since then. It was before the days of trailers, so it was towed to tracks with the driveshaft hooked up. I belive he said it had something like 800 miles on it that it was towed.

·
Premium Member
19,751 Posts
My friends dad has a 67, that was bought and used as a race car for 2 years, with a factory 427 4 speed. It's been sitting in a garage pretty much since then. It was before the days of trailers, so it was towed to tracks with the driveshaft hooked up. I belive he said it had something like 800 miles on it that it was towed.
A factory 427 in a 67? Have to see paperwork on that...

·
Registered
592 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Everything car counts! I should of asked in the heading " How many miles does your chevelle have on it" but it was my first post.

·
Premium Member
5,687 Posts
I would think just up and down the ramps and driving it across the block would count for a mile or 2.

·
Registered
661 Posts
When I bought my '65 in '01 it had 9,122 miles on it. Original everything including the air in the tires,

·
Premium Member
7,962 Posts
My '67 has 40,000 original miles. You can tell they're original; it's very nice but the car is by no means pristeen. I had to deal with barnacles underneath and under the hood, plus the trunk outer sections. It was repainted around '82 before I got it. There's filler in the lower front fenders, plus a skim layer in the rear wheel openings and rocker to quarter seams. Sometimes a well maintained high mileage car can be in better shape than a car that has sat around through humidity changes and the passage of time.

I have addressed a number of issues with the car and have brought it up. It's too bad it wasn't oil sprayed before sitting. I never would have let it deteriorate if I bought it new myself.

·
Registered
105 Posts
A factory 427 in a 67? Have to see paperwork on that...
You got me thinking about it so I got the asked him about it. It was a factory ordered dealer installed 427, shipped with the car from the factory, stamped from the factory to match the car. I think he said it came as SS with a 396

·
Registered
5,406 Posts
In I think it was 1978 I delivered a 68 SS 396 Chevelle to a collector in Henderson Ky. It had 19 miles on it. I picked it up in Cheyenne Wy. From a dealership. When I unloaded it they immediatly put it on dollys and rolled it into the building. I was not even allowed to see what the guy had inside.:confused:

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.