Team Chevelle banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part May's Ride of the Month Challenge!

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Whats the differences? I am going to get one within the next month and was leaning toward the 70(i dont know why), what are the differences?

·
Registered
567 Posts
For starters, they do'nt look the same. They are the same size and share drivetrain,frames,interior parts,trunk lids and some glass.
After that they are totally different, Sheetmetal,dashboards,frt&rear lighting, grilles,bumpers, etc.

------------------
"Laissez Le Bon Temp Rouler' Cha!"
Chevytalk Moderator
GMforums Moderator
"Jungle"Jim
70SS396 & 70 Malibu
My Car
"I don't drive FAST, I just FLY low!"

·
Premium Member
5,542 Posts
69's are better! I'm sure Mr. Lightfoot will agree with me.

------------------
Dan Orgill
1969 SS396 frame off in progress
Very.......slllooooowwww......progress

·
Registered
2,030 Posts
The 70s will demand a few more bucks at resale time,,why , I dont know,67 an 69 are my favorites,, but to answer your question<<< 1 year

------------------
<LI> ACES Charter member # 0073 <LI>TEAM CHEVELLE # GOLD 009
<LI>70 White L78 4 speed car / 70 L34 color 75 automatic/A/C car (notice I still cant say the color :) )
www.members.home.net/northern/bowties

·
Registered
2,142 Posts
70's rule! other than that, body style , trim, pretty much everything stated above, except 70's RULE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Being that I was really yelling that at my pc I am now dizzy and need to log off to catch my breath.

------------------
'70 SS 396 4spd
TC# 1341

"You're just jealous because the little voices are talking to me"

·
Registered
1,329 Posts
GT3,
Get yourself a copy of Musclecar Color History Chevelle 1964 -1972.,by Mike Mueller.
Its Availabe from amazon, or many of the Chevelle Parts Catalogs. Its got facts on all theose years of Chevelles and some really nice color photographs. I've read mine cover to cover, and the 68,69 years, over and over. I even like to sit and look a the pictures. It might help you decide your favorite.

------------------
Huh ?
68 SS-396

·
Premium Member
5,886 Posts
<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by 4spdrat:
69's are better! I'm sure Mr. Lightfoot will agree with me

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

There's that Mr handle again, man do I feel older now
. However Dan, you said it right

------------------
ACES #4241, TC #947
69 SS Sedan

·
Registered
117 Posts
Just to double check, I asked my girlfriend and three of her friends. Do you prefer a 70 or a 69. Dumfounded; they all replied, “What the hell is a 70?”

·
Registered
1,555 Posts
They made Chevelles before '70?

"Just to double check, I asked my girlfriend and three of her friends. Do you prefer a 70 or a 69. Dumfounded; they all replied, 'What the hell is a 70?'”

Yep, DUMBfounded is the correct term.

------------------
MalibuJerry350
TC Member #1279
Original owner '70 Chevelle.
560,000+ miles on car.
Hey, if it's got wheels, DRIVE IT!
My Chevelle: http://hometown.aol.com/erie614/myhomepage/index.html

Reactions: HERodriguezJr

·
Registered
514 Posts
1970 is the only year with that type of headlight set up, it original not in its little ways but in major significant ways (well at least in looks) Go for the 1970!!!!

·
Registered
100 Posts
Alright. I'm going to blow my own horn here. Click on my signature photo, and tell yourself this is the coolest body style of all time. I can say that, I guess, since I didn't design it. 69's are cool too, but......

------------------
1970 Chevelle Convertible

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Nice car Howell!
Yea after looking at all the pictures and such I prefer the 70, not sayin the 69 is not cool but you know...

·
Premium Member
5,542 Posts
No offence meant Mr. Lightfoot, I didn't mean to make you feel that way Mr. Lightfoot, it'll never happen again Mr. Lightfoot.

------------------
Dan Orgill
1969 SS396 frame off in progress
Very.......slllooooowwww......progress

1 - 20 of 20 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.