Team Chevelle banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

· Registered
2,796 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just wondering what a fair price should be. I'm on the fast track to finishing my car and am thinking about farming out the seat cover install to speed things up.

How much for a set of buckets?

· Premium Member
2,089 Posts
I just paid $300 for front buckets and $190 for rear. I supplied new foam for buckets and new Legendary covers for both front and rear. The upholstery shop supplied new foam for rear seat

· Registered
2,796 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Thanks for all the input. I think we all can learn something here. I found a really cool upholstry guy today. I told him what I had. He quoted $250. Then, he said most of the work was removing the outer parts and replacing them. I asked how much if I broke them all the way down and he just hog-ringed and installed the covers the right way, with extra fluff and using a heat gun. $125 ! I can live with that! This guy is good and has doine 100's of GM buckets so I trust him. He promised no wrinkles or bulges, nothing but straight. I'm down with that!

· Registered
655 Posts
DJW is right on about this...50 per hour is sort of the going rate nowadays it seems...typically I'll do a set of buckets and back seat and usually throw the carpet in too for 300 plus some change for burlap etc...that is assuming I ain't replacing a dozen springs or using new foam that I have to modify etc...but even then it is 350 or 400 at the outside...

JimmyP that sounds like a real good price you better jump on it before it goes up like everything else...

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.