Team Chevelle banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've been running the Hoosier "Quick time" dot... recently they have come out with the "Pro" version. I'm somewhat happy with the Quick Time, but looking for better.
The mag reviews seem to favor the Mickey Thompson E.T. Street's.
Anyone have an opinion on the "best"?
Phil

·
Lifetime Founding Member
767 Posts
Phil,,

Your question is a good one, but it really depends on where you plan on using the tires.
I have run both tires on the street and at the track.
For the track, The M/T ET street will outperform the Quick time without a doubt.
(my humble opinion).
But,, If you plan on using your tires for light street duty and get caught in the rain, the M/T street et's are deadly!
The hoosier quick time is definately a better "dual purpose" tire if you leave your tires on all the time. I have about 20k on a set of quick times and they are good in the rain and give a considerably better bite than any "real" street tire.
So in a nutshell...
For the track and DRY only street use ET.
For everyday street use including rain use the Quick time, but you will sacrifice a little at the track.

We wont even get into the bias/radial mixing dangers here, that is better saved for a different post

·
Registered
4 Posts
The BFG Drag Radials are great, but a little spendy for a tire that'll only last 5-10 k miles. They drive REAL nice & the soft compound rubber makes for some serious stoplight action. They 60-ft similar to a slick, but on the street vs. a standard radial is where they really shine.. I believe Car Craft did a comparo a couple months back & they did a fairly in depth article.. I'll check the article tonight & see what they said worked well.. If memory serves me correct, I think they like the MT products..

------------------
Linc Belt
[email protected]

[This message has been edited by Linc Belt (edited 11-20-98).]

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
About the B.F. Drag Radials.... From the general opinion at the track.... Fair hook-up and they just don't last too long.
For the buck, the McLearys seem to be the best dollar value. But I'm looking for straight performance!
I see that "Summit" is selling M&H's for about $140.00... price is good. Has anyone got an opinion on their dots??
Phil

·
Registered
648 Posts
of the dot street/strip slicks that are compatible with radials which do you think are best and at what price? i like the goodrich but they don't make them in 14 inch and i'd like to keep the rally wheels on my 69 ss. john

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.