Team Chevelle banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Looking to replace spark plug wires. 327, Mallory Unilite 47 Series Distributor. Going to replace Dist. cap and rotor at same time. Should I just go with the Mallory 8mm Pro Sidewinder wires or is there something better?

Thanks,

------------------
Jon,
Fremont "Z", CA

·
Registered
10,441 Posts
I personally would use either an MSD or Taylor spiral core wire. Also I would purchase a universal set in order to route the wires exactly the way I wanted.

Steve R

·
Gold Founding Member
978 Posts
taylor custom made a set for me and for "mytmouse"

cost is an additional ~$15 but i think it is worth it to get factory crimpsbut you have to give them exact measurements...

may want to check past threads (maybe form 2000) under my name and "mytmouse" for specificsim very happy with them

get the spiral - pro

------------------
Rich Baratta
Cocoa Beach, Fla
Team Chevelle #380
May 2001 Feature Car
BSE WannaBe
[email protected]
www.chevelles.com/showroom/70_SS_454.jpg

·
Premium Member
451 Posts
I vote for the Taylor wires (in red) too! Have them on my 406SBC using a MSD "Ready to Run". Very nice wires and well made, easy to clean and the plug end boots (90Deg) are easy to grasp and pull when checking plugs.

------------------
'65 Maliblue 406SBC/PG TC #811
'94 Camaro 1LE (original owner)
'97 HD Softtail Springer

·
Premium Member
893 Posts
I had the Pro Sidewinders, had an intermittent miss that I just couldn't find, yep one of the wires was flakey (just over a year old) and they look like they are carbon fiber inside! Went to Taylor spiro-core and couldn't be happier.
Jim
69 Malibu
put that cell phone down and DRIVE!

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks guys, went out, got the new cap and rotor for the Unilite and picked up some nice red Taylor wires. Set up for 90* plugs, perfect, i'll get it all squared away tonight. Thanks again!

Hey Steve check out the new cruize in section, got a bunch of NorCal guys trying to organize meeting up at Fosters freeze this Saturday and maybe Goodguys this weekend as well.

------------------
Jon,
Fremont "Z", CA

·
Premium Member
451 Posts
JON66,

What part of NORCAL?? I'm retiring from the Army in Nov and heading back to Cali then. I'll be in the Sac/Placerville area.

------------------
'65 Maliblue 406SBC/PG TC #811
'94 Camaro 1LE (original owner)
'97 HD Softtail Springer

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.