Team Chevelle banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,063 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'd like to know what book you guys think is the best one to help me along with a frame-off restoration on my '70. I've seen a few out there but I don't know which ones are the best. Thanks.

------------------
1970 Chevy El Camino aka Kaileigh
Green Mist #45 & Silver w/Green Vinyl Top
350ci/300HP 4bbl Small Block
Factory Dual Exhaust and Rally Wheels
My El Camino Home Page - www.dreamelectric.com
I hate rust!!!!!!

[This message has been edited by Shawn (edited 11-27-99).]

·
Registered
702 Posts
Shawn are you planning to restore the car in your web page????? If so I think raising the Titanic would be easier... That El Camino has major cancer... That car has been in a salt air climate since the day it rolled of the assembly line and from the looks of it went scuba diving a few times also... Save your money and salvage what you can from the car and hunt for an El Camino in better shape... That only my opinion after owning 4 El's, two in need of a rust doctor. Although, I have to say, the air cleaner housing and radiator support looks good... Cool graphics:)

Follow the advice of others in frame hole repair folder, use this as parts car... Save your money...

------------------
JR
70 396SS El Camino #'s Matching.
69 396SS Chevelle, project "Street Bruiser"
H-D Ultra Classic E-Glide
I live to own toyz...

[This message has been edited by SS396ELKY (edited 11-28-99).]

·
Registered
1,063 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks and that's some funny stuff about the Titanic, SS396Elky. The car was built in Baltimore and then went to Durham, NC and it's never left the east coast so that explains the rust like you said. Anyway, it might sound crazy but I do plan on restoring that car, but I'll definately be getting a new body for it. That would help 100%. Then all I would have to do is switch the parts over from one body to the other. It's well optioned (PW, PB, PS, A/C, 300HP 350, tilt, etc) and I found the build sheet so I think I'm a little lucky.
I'll be getting those books ASAP now that I know what to get. I thought the book "How to restore your Chevelle SS (or musclecar)" would help but I haven't heard much about it.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.