Team Chevelle banner

whats on the grill for the weekend?

4K views 67 replies 31 participants last post by  Hi-po SS 454 
#1 ·
Im going to do beer can chicken, and probably a couple steaks. marinated in some worshire and some of this A-1 sauce I just bought. and wash it down with some Leinhugels Summer shandy or Honeyweiss.

and taking my motor out and over to get the machine work done so I can be ready for pinks all out in 4 weeks.

#3 ·
What time shall I be over Andy?:D

#4 ·
Going camping, won't be able to grill. Last week it was a pork loin, 6 hours on the smoker. My thermometer is on the fritz and reads too cool, so it was over cooked. Time to quit being cheap on the digital thermometers.

#11 ·
Havent even thought it through but I always cook and I think this time round im just gonna drink and hang. Chef has left the building for this one. Every event, every party, every function with my family and such im on the grill. this time - make yourself a sandwich or get on it and cook ME something (usually this means something that tastes like a dry eraser with the texture of cardboard but I gotta draw the line)

Lastly - all the above is probably not going to work out and i'll be on the grill cooking carne asada or maybe a nice fat pork shoulder for some pulled pork, maybe ribs but this depends on my mood at the time cause its a two day process the way I do em.

#20 ·
I have twins, who's Birthday is the end of May and allows have their Birthday Party Memorial Day Weekend - works out good as everything needed from the food store is on sale.

This years meat on the grill is Hamburgers. Their first Birthday I did grilled Chicken, Brats and Hamburgers - figured at least one or each for everyone - had food left over for weeks.

Happy Grilling - Fly the Flag!

#23 ·
496malibu: I'm making a bunch of those thin-sliced (usually around 1/4" -3/8") korean-style beef shortribs called "kalbi" here.

Easy enough, just soak overnight in your favorite pre-made Korean BBQ sauce (can probably find some in your local asian market) or make your own (do a search for kalbi or korean BBQ sauce), then just grill on medium-high coals to desired finish!

They're always a hit at our BBQ's and you can do the same for wings which come out yummy also!

#27 ·
Well all I can say is the 30 foot smoker we have will be full of atleast 1200 pounds beef,chicken,Brisket,ribs,pork loins,lamb,pork shoulders, and some MS-13:D
Starting the smoker up tomorrow night. expecting around 400- 600 people
2 live bands:yes:

#32 ·
:thumbsup: try taking your rib's , long or short , stick-em in the crockpot on low for 4 to 5 hr's , take them out , baste with your favourite sauce and cook them on the grill for about 5 to 10 min . it's the lazy man's way , but their the most tender , fall off the bone rib's ever . i put garlic , onion , chili pepper spice & italian seasoning in the crock pot . a little red wine sometimes . try this burger ; don't tell your guest's what's in it . it was one of the favourite's when i had my bar & grill . take two flattened burger pattie's , put a whole pineapple ring , a thin slice of peach , chili or pepper , swiss or other white cheese , a little sweet & sour sauce , or your favourite , now ; squeeze around the outside like a pie , sealing it , bake in the oven just until brown , take em out , toss them on the b.b.q to grill . now your guest's are going to ask you ; where's the cat**** , mustard , rellish , tomatoe & lettuce , tell em your all out , their ain't none , walk away & and i bet you here them call you a cheap son of a !!!!! . go back & tell em , take one bite , i'll guarantee they'll tell you it's the juiceiest mother they've ever sank their jawbreaker's into . think i'll try them asian style rib's buddy menthioned .tommy

#33 ·
probably Tri-Tip and lots of :beers:. I don't get too tricky on the grill. Just throw the meat on, drink beer, and scarf it down when it comes off the grill. I marinade meat or chicken occasionally. Mostly just use dry seasoning though. I don't have any friends close-by and family doesn't stop in that often, so it's usually just my fiance and I grillin' and chillin' :thumbsup:

#38 ·
I usually just throw mine together, but I use about 1/4 cup of hungarian sweet paprika, 1/8 brown sugar, 1/8 white sugar, a tablespoon or so of garlic and onion powder, then a few teaspoons of sea salt, garlic salt, and pepper. Also a teaspoon of cayenne pepper but this might put it in the "too spicy" column.

#40 ·
I usually just throw mine together, but I use about 1/4 cup of hungarian sweet paprika, 1/8 brown sugar, 1/8 white sugar, a tablespoon or so of garlic and onion powder, then a few teaspoons of sea salt, garlic salt, and pepper. Also a teaspoon of cayenne pepper but this might put it in the "too spicy" column.

Not for me...Sounds really good, I might have to try that out..

#39 ·
Hmmmmmmmmm.....................where or where can I find myself some of those?????
my freezer!!! :)

#41 ·
asian chicken skewers with pineapple & soy/ginger glaze

country style pork ribs with scratch apple bourbon bbq slather

marinated top round london broil steak

basilio sweet italian sausage from syracuse, ny - w/ peppers and onions

zweigle's red and white dogs from rochester, ny

fresh picked sweet corn

#42 ·
a rack of beef ribs cooked real slow

#45 ·
:thumbsup: jake ! what is this ; scratch apple , bourbon , b.b.q slather ? i understand the bourbon & b.b.q , . other's & mix ? or am i allowed to ask this on this site ? . gotta get around to them rib's soaked in beer or pineapple that scott menthioned - sound's tasty . - tommy
its a scratch barbecue slather.

a slather is a sauce used to baste bbq while its cooking, different from a finishing or glazing sauce.

i cant tell you amounts or proportions, but this is it:

ingredients:
butter
diced onion
chopped garlic
apple juice
tomato sauce (or ketchup...but sauce is MUCH better)
cider vinegar
brown sugar
molasses
corn starch slurry
bourbon

method:

sweat onions and garlic together in butter until soft, add everything else but the last two ingredients, simmer a little while. bring to a boil, thicken with corn starch slurry slightly...not too thick though. hit it with the bourbon and let the alcohol cook off (watch your eyebrows at this point)

it is a killer sauce. its really not bad with any bbq really, but i prefer it with pork. apples and pork go well together.

if you really wanted to, you could sweat the onions and garlic, add your favorite prepared bbq sauce, a sweetener (the darker the better...molasses, brown sugar, cane syrup, etc) and the bourbon and fake it. it would still be pretty good. the only thing is if it is too thick or too sugary it will burn before your meat cooks.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.