Team Chevelle banner
1 - 20 of 68 Posts

·
Registered
673 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Im going to do beer can chicken, and probably a couple steaks. marinated in some worshire and some of this A-1 sauce I just bought. and wash it down with some Leinhugels Summer shandy or Honeyweiss.

and taking my motor out and over to get the machine work done so I can be ready for pinks all out in 4 weeks.

·
Premium Member
9,919 Posts

·
Premium Member
6,172 Posts
Going camping, won't be able to grill. Last week it was a pork loin, 6 hours on the smoker. My thermometer is on the fritz and reads too cool, so it was over cooked. Time to quit being cheap on the digital thermometers.

·
Registered
6,633 Posts
5 lbs of Wisconsin brats
I'll see your 5 lbs of brats, and raise it 40 lbs of baby back ribs...... We're having a party at my FIL's cottage in the lake erie island region (catawaba isl.) I can already smell them cooking :yes::thumbsup::beers:

·
Registered
7,127 Posts
Havent even thought it through but I always cook and I think this time round im just gonna drink and hang. Chef has left the building for this one. Every event, every party, every function with my family and such im on the grill. this time - make yourself a sandwich or get on it and cook ME something (usually this means something that tastes like a dry eraser with the texture of cardboard but I gotta draw the line)

Lastly - all the above is probably not going to work out and i'll be on the grill cooking carne asada or maybe a nice fat pork shoulder for some pulled pork, maybe ribs but this depends on my mood at the time cause its a two day process the way I do em.

·
Registered
20,389 Posts

·
Registered
7,674 Posts
I think you are just saying that because you know full well that I'm joking.

But what if I was serious? What if come this weekend you have a knock on the door from yours truly? :)

·
Premium Member
6,172 Posts
No, I don't cheat when I cook my ribs! ;)

I just leave 'em on the smoker, till my guests get tired and pass out, then I don't have to share. :D

·
Registered
1,416 Posts
I have twins, who's Birthday is the end of May and allows have their Birthday Party Memorial Day Weekend - works out good as everything needed from the food store is on sale.

This years meat on the grill is Hamburgers. Their first Birthday I did grilled Chicken, Brats and Hamburgers - figured at least one or each for everyone - had food left over for weeks.

Happy Grilling - Fly the Flag!

1 - 20 of 68 Posts