Team Chevelle banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hey guys i need help figuring out how much a 68 camaro im looking at is worth. the car has no front clip (fenders, core supports, etc.), no motor, no trans and a non original f*** 9'' rear end. the trunk pan is cut partialy, i have no clue why along with the panel behind the back seat seperates the trunk area. no seats, dash is there along with instrument cluster and steering column. according to the vin the car was a 6cyl car originaly. the car has a goofy roll cage that fairly easily be taken out, and no wiring. has all good glass, and no rust at all. the car has a small ding on the 1/4 panel but otherwise is straight. what would be a reasonable price?
thanks,
chris

·
Premium Member
15,332 Posts
IMO about $10. With all the stuff missing unless you already have a bunch of other parts like another wrecked Camaro, it isn't a cost effective project. If it is all you can afford right now, keep saving.

·
Premium Member
17,924 Posts
Sounds like its worth no more then 500 bucks to me. And even thats high.

·
Registered
1,848 Posts
Depends what you want it for. IF you plan to make a race car and would be pitching parts and cutting the car up beyond where it is...........why start with or pay for a complete car. Even for someone with a rotten as he!! camaro........the rust free tub has value.

IF the 9" is nice and set up right that would be worth $ too.

Does NOT sound like a car to restore without a donor car.

Around here, I'd see it getting $1500 easy, but hard to say without looking at it.

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
thanks for the input, im thinking of laying down 1k on the table in front of him and saying take it or im gone. the guy is really hurting for money from what i hear.

·
Registered
69 Posts
I bought a 68 firebird in similar condition only it had the front clip for $500 but when I went to sell it I couldn't even give that thing away believe it or not. This has been a good 8 years ago or so.

·
Premium Member
17,924 Posts
I bought a 68 firebird in similar condition only it had the front clip for $500 but when I went to sell it I couldn't even give that thing away believe it or not. This has been a good 8 years ago or so.
Today you would probably find quite a few willing to take it off your hands for that.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts