Chevelles.com banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Planning to change my original config. of interior with buckets vs bench. Additionally, I may try finding the shortest or lowest seat that will work since I'm a little over 6' and really get tired of brushing the headliner with my 'dome' and bumpin the wheel with my knees. (Hope to replace steering col. w/tilt later.)
Any comments and or suggestions on seat options,etc.?
Thanks.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
PS: Anyone out there in the So. Cal. or San Diego area...I'll have that bench seat for sale in about a month or so...760 438 8252.
Thanks.

·
Registered
190 Posts
Pat, I know what you mean, my son and I are both 6'5". I assume you're just interested in good seats and not original or "correct". I just found some seats that are not correct, but we're going to try to make them fit. Should just be a matter of making my bracket bolt to the seat bottom. They're highback seats that have full recline/adjustment. I can let you know how these turn out if you like.
Also, when you get ready for a tilt-column, let me know. I got mine from a guy in CA. It's been professionally rebuilt with new bearings all around, new turn signal hardware, new levers, cleaned up, painted etc. Real nice and the price was right. Let me know and I can put you in touch with this guy.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts