Chevelles.com banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
7,762 Posts
Just guessing because no schematics with me and the mind fades.
Looking at the fourth picture down, I see 3 small connectors with 2 wires in each of them. One has 2 purples (Neutral Safety Switch). One has a pink and green (back-up switch). There's a third one sitting there with 2 pinks. I want to say that goes to the seat belt warning switch but I don't remember if those wires are pink or not. Can't think of another connector around there that has 2 pinks. If that connector is the seat belt warning switch connector, it's a 72 if this is a Chevelle harness. That I can't be sure of. I guess one just trust the seller.

*Dang job get's in my way sometimes. I see Elree nailed it while I was typing*

·
Registered
755 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I'll trust the team input. I also looked at the gauge the seller says the harness came from and it appears the face numbers are white, which would match up with a 71 - 72. Thanks for the help

·
Registered
7,762 Posts
You have time before it ends. I'll double check that connector out later. Still thinking it's the 3rd connector that plugs into the NSS on the 72 only.

·
Premium Member
2,223 Posts
I frequently see harnesses advertised as 70 to 72. It's a common error that they are all the same. As John stated the giveaway on this one is the seat belt warning wiring. This pic shows the seat belt warning light. This pic shows the seat belt warning buzzer connector. This pic shows the windshield wiper switch connector. It has 4 wires. All are items unique to 72. In 70 the TCS power is attached to the A/C this pic of the fuse block shows that the TCS is attached to the radio fuse. Definitely not a 70 harness. An added bonus on this one is the optional courtesy lights, a radio extension harness and notice the 30 A POWER ACCSY fuse not on all 72 harnesses. The car it came out of likely had power windows and or power seat.

·
Registered
7,762 Posts
Not to discourage you, the current price on that harness isn't bad if the wire is soft and the connectors aren't trash. It can be reworked to work on a 70 but as long as you know that, it may be a buy. I'd keep watching it if you need one. He has no clue where this came from.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts