Registered
170 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)

·
Premium Member
2,579 Posts
Re: best guess value of 68 SS

Nice looking car. I like the 68's.
$16.5K with the "original" engine would be a steal.
Doesn't have it, but neither is a "ce".
Who knows with the economy like it is but I would think worth the asking price.

·
Premium Member
15,332 Posts
Wow, they are willing to throw away $13k after 2 years of ownership? Must be needing $$? I think it isn't a bad car being a 4 speed and all but far from correct if that is what you are after. I don't think 2 years ago that car was worth $30k. I wouldn't buy it because of that awful steering wheel. :D That is the biggest pile of junk Grant ever made IMO. Obviously the market is showing that car isn't done well enough to get the good $$ for it.

·
Registered
170 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
he said he paid 29,500 2 years ago & spent 2k having interior redone. IMO its not worth 16,990 & sure as hell isn't worth 30k. I know there is alot that isnt correct, but I'm willing to offer 15,500 if its as solid as it looks.

·
Premium Member
1,588 Posts
I certainly hope that's a 15-16K car, otherwise mine is a 3K heap of junk (which is certainly possible).
That dent kinda sucks but there are PDR guys that wouldn't have too much trouble with it.
I think if you got it for 15,500 you'd be a happy camper.

·
Registered
170 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I think he has more $$ than he knows what to do with...lol I'm going to have to go over the car very carefully, he doesn't know what rear or gears, if the tranny is orig or even the body panels. I think its cool that its an Atlanta built car built just 159 cars before the one I sold. Hopefully it'll work out, keep those answers coming

·
Registered
2,512 Posts
I don't think you will get that car for that money. I could be wrong but I think the car will bring 20k to 22k. When I list on ebay I like a no reserve action to stir up more interest and to get bidders going and I also like to start the bidding as low as possible. But I have a dollar figure in mind that is the minium that I'll take and I'll have a friend make sure the bid gets there. And I'll pay the fee if he doesn't get out bid. Since its over let us know how it comes out. Good luck.

·
Registered
52 Posts
I was intersted in this car too. And I asked the seller for the colour. He did not answer. I asked a second time. I received no reply.
So he shall keep his car. Don´t know, what kind of problems he has to answer questions...

·
Premium Member
2,663 Posts
Good Lord! Only 15 grand for that car? I have seen guys here pay far more for one that is a lot less car than that one is. Around here I don't think it would last long in the 20 grand area.

·
Premium Member
13,664 Posts
You guys are getting hard in your old age....:yes:

·
Registered
3,539 Posts
pretty! and a good deal.
If I was to guess, the color looks like Island Teal
looks like Ohio plates too!

·
Registered
18 Posts
Could also be that the reason he hasn't sold it is because he wants cash in person. That rules it out for a lot of people. Also would that car really come with the teal exterior and blue interior? He should have gone with black.

·
Premium Member
4,126 Posts
If you can buy that car for 15.5K, ask him if he's got any other cars he needs to give away. That appears to be a low 20K car IMO, but what the hell, give it a shot, these days you never know what someones' financial needs are. The worst that could happen is he drops the F bomb on you and slamdunks the phone!!;)

·
Premium Member
848 Posts
This car was not restored but put back together. Not much attention to detail. Except for the vin number it is basically a fixed up Malibu. What is it worth???? Whatever the buyer is willing to pay.

·
Registered
170 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Alex, do you know this car or is this just an opinion? Hoping he's going to be able to meet with me on Sun. worst that happens is I'm out 5.00 in gas.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts