Team Chevelle banner
1 - 20 of 63 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,139 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Lottery fever is running high here in IL as well as several other states because the jackpot is currently at 355 mil.
Just curious what some of you would do if you hit all the numbers?
I was thinking new house or 2 and a few classic cars and a HUGE garage for starters.

Andy

·
Registered
7,044 Posts
The very first thing I would do is take my family, my mom, my sister and her family and my wifes family and a few close friends and take a couple week vacation to get away and then decide what to do with the future.

I also would open 6 or 7 seperate bank accounts and put 10 million or so in each and would put a time limit of 7 years minimum before the first could be opened and then 1 account every 7-8 years after. That way no matter how stupidly I spend the money, I know every 7-8 years I will have money. At least I won't be like that idiot that won the 300 and some million and is bankraupt now.

After that I would build a nice new house, and then whatever else.

Jeff

·
Registered
226 Posts
Give most of it away. Quit my job, open my own business restoring classics and muscle cars, though I may have a problem parting with them. Buy a house or 2 and holiday around the world. 5 mil should cover all that.

·
Registered
6,229 Posts
You know that hollow popping sound when you drop a light bulb? That's what you'd hear after I got my first check. Just the sound of air filling a vacuum.

But, $100 mil, after taxes wouldn't amount to much, I still wouldn't be able to pay for my Blue Cross. :)

·
Premium Member
27,555 Posts
I'll let you know tomorrow after I collect my winnings. ;)

·
Registered
661 Posts
I'd just let my wife keep raising horses until it was all gone.

·
Premium Member
3,013 Posts
The first thing I'd do is change my name, don't need a million phone calls every day from everyone wanting money. I would give a lot of it away though. Otherwise with kind of cash I'm pretty sure I'd do what ever I want from day to day. It would be to overwhelming for the couple years I think, but would like to find out. One thing is for sure, you would see me in a big way at CB'07!

·
Registered
9,038 Posts
I'd put a free sign in front of the house & move to a warmer place. :D

Then I would start shopping for muscle cars & DRIVE THEM!!!

70 LS6
69 Charger
66 Mustang GT500
63 Impala 409
Ect, Ect...

LK

1 - 20 of 63 Posts