Chevelles.com banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I ordered up some flowmaster 2 chambers for my small block. I am going 2.25" from the manifold back into 2.5" mufflers. From there what would different size tailpipes do? I want noise and rumble! (to hell with neighbors and police) I was really thinking about exiting with 3". Any thoughts, and what would different sizes do to sound? Thanks-Seth Motor is a notch above stock, but that will change. (Nothing ferocious)

·
Registered
56 Posts
If you want the rumble, put turn downs on it right out of the muffs. I'm running that with 3 chambers & it screams & has an real deep idle.

Jake

------------------
Black 66 SS396
Tubby's Drive In
members.xoom.com/Pgh_Knights/
Pittsburgh PA

·
Registered
155 Posts
Since you've got the 2-baffle (like me), you are already set for a great sound. If you want it loud, like the previous post, just dump it right down under the car. The cavity under the car will really make it resonate.

It will also sound great but not as loud if you take them back to the bumpers like I did. At this point, I don't think that 2.25" or 3.00" will matter much. I'd stay with the 2.25" though.

My instructions to the muffler shop were, "I want to turn the heads heads of the neighbors with the sound when they are aoutside as I drive by but I don't want to wake them from a dead sleep!"

·
Registered
336 Posts
I agree on the turn-downs.. I have em right after my 3-chambers and it will wake up the dead

------------------

Mike Reeh
Gold #34
San Diego, CA

·
Registered
66 Posts
I have a 68 Chevelle with a 327 and 2 chamber flow masters. Mine has 2.5 inch pipes with a balance tube. They run to the rearend and turn down to the ground. Its rare for me to go to a mall or anything without setting off about 5 car alarms. Heehee. I hope you get the sound you want. Mine has been mistaken for a big block before and it's not even really that radical. Good luck man.

--Jerry--

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.