Chevelles.com banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
163 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My 70` Chevelle wireing harness has a rubber "gutter" on the firewall on the passenger side. The wire for the blower motor ran through it, no longer needed, with vintage air. But on this piece of rubber is a small box, with three wires going to it, what is this, and if no longer needed where can I cut it off.

·
Registered
119 Posts
Could it be the resistor bridge network for your old multispeed blower? Used to mount on the outside of the blower motor cover?

------------------
Mike Ahlmann
'69 Elky SS-396
Sunnyvale, CA
There are no atheists at 150 MPH!

·
Registered
163 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
The three wires are green,-blue,-and black with a pink stripe. the "box" which is about an inch and a half square, is attached with rivits to the rubber channel, which attaches to the passenger side of the firewall. And originally other wires like the blower motor wire ran through the rubber channel. I dont have the blower motor any more but these were for something, I just dont know what..

·
Registered
7,762 Posts
If the green runs towards and connects to the temp sender (left hand head) it sounds like the TCS relay. The pink/black should be taped off if you cut it out.
TCS isn't needed if you have a direct vacuum hose to the distributor. California requires the TCS system to stay in the car. I don't know your state law.

·
Registered
7,762 Posts
Transmission Controled Spark. Part of the pollution control system that is on the vehicle.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts