Team Chevelle banner
1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
7,729 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am a drag racer looking a tenth here and there like the rest of us . I have bought a complete MSD Ignition noticed nothing in the range of ET . I bought a HVH Super Sucker Carb spacer same thing nothing . What have you bought that gave you that wow factor and said to yourself money well spent .

Dave
71 Heavy Chevy
http://i126.photobucket.com/albums/p87/Dave427/SAVE00802.jpg

·
Registered
3,545 Posts
several over the years. The biggest improvement was swapping the GM 781 iron oval port heads for BMF 310cc heads. That swap was worth 4 tenths and 6+ mph with almost no tuning. Even more improvement as the tuning process progressed this season.

Another upgrade definately worthwhile was a RPM Performance data logger with WB02. After studying the A/F ratio, a two simple carb tweaks improved the 60's by .07 immediately.

·
Registered
383 Posts
I was pretty impressed when I unbolted my 307 and installed a blown 489.

·
Registered
667 Posts
Just ordered AFR 315's from Mike! I'm beginning to be considered a bit of a guinea pig of sorts as my parts are not just what I want yet! Small Holley 950HP on 498ci. 2 bolt studded main, over 700hp. cam that is possibly a bit to much duration, to stiff rear gears but hey its fun making improvements slowly to really see improvement or not! Just ordered remote oil filter system so can end the hassles changing filters. Will need to either buy new headers or cut and reweld the ones I have now so can even put mufflers on!

·
Registered
18,902 Posts
new junk or used junk?
the last new junk i bought was the Weiand Action plus intake that i put on the stock 350 in my Monte a couple of years ago. the only thing i gained by getting that thing was the ability to put my too big Edelbrock RPM qjet 850 cfm carb on it in place of the stock 2 barrel.
the slots didn't really add anything to the performance of the car, but i think it was $200 well spent to make the car look like it's 1975 again.

·
Registered
1,373 Posts
several over the years. The biggest improvement was swapping the GM 781 iron oval port heads for BMF 310cc heads. That swap was worth 4 tenths and 6+ mph with almost no tuning. Even more improvement as the tuning process progressed this season.

Another upgrade definately worthwhile was a RPM Performance data logger with WB02. After studying the A/F ratio, a two simple carb tweaks improved the 60's by .07 immediately.
congrats man which system did you go with?

·
Premium Member
13,692 Posts
A little more cam and compression has netted .025 in 60ft so far, .04 in the 1/8th and 2+mph on worn out slicks, contemplating a 1000hp to replace the 950HP now. New slicks are over there against the wall, awaiting warmer weather :D Local track opens in 2 weeks, March 10th to KCIR :thumbsup:

·
Premium Member
3,230 Posts
Dave,

What is your car/combo. I'm sure there is some ET to be found.

Swapped my old 383 SBC to the new 445 SBC. So far 14 mph in the 1/8th improvement with plenty of tuning left to do.

·
Registered
3,438 Posts
My last purchase was a set of AFR 305 CNC chamber heads.
Can't say how they work yet though. They are in the house yet.
I think they may work a touch better than my old ones though!!

1 - 20 of 33 Posts