Team Chevelle banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part JULY's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
197 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Looking to buy quarters, cowl hood, cowl hood flapper, fenders, rockers, inner and outer wheel wells, fender extensions. What is the going rate and and good places to buy from.

I think I may be in for some sticker shock

·
Premium Member
1,574 Posts
If you want NOS it will be lots. Maybe you need to start with a car with a little less rust. The stuff is out there but most people that are selling these parts know what buyers will pay to get NOS. Check the classifieds here as well as Ebay to get an idea of what is available and prices.

·
Registered
13,036 Posts
Looking to buy quarters, cowl hood, cowl hood flapper, fenders, rockers, inner and outer wheel wells, fender extensions. What is the going rate and and good places to buy from.

I think I may be in for some sticker shock
Rear 1/4's- IF you can find the right side, expect to have $3-4000 for the pair.
Hood, $1500-2000
Fenders- $1500-2000 pr
Rockers, I got $500 for my last pair
Haven't seen rear wheel houses for many years
Fender extensions, you can still find good used, haven't seen NOS for years
Cowl flapper, $2-300.
Better be prepared to drive a good distance to avoid possible destruction in shipping. Where to buy? Good luck. You might try Joe at The Parts Place.

·
Premium Member
8,939 Posts
GEE, I have two 70 El Camino quarters ( L. & Rt.) in the basement in the black & yellow G.M. boxes. I paid $125.00 for each one in 1975 from K. Ross Chevrolet.
I do believe NOS tin is worth a bit more than that today.
Bob
Trivia: I lied. The Left side cost was $127.00 ( Two Bucks more due to the punch out for the gas door.) :laugh:

·
Registered
197 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I ended up buying a whole load of NOS parts and here is what I have found so far that I wont need for my car that I also got with the parts. I bought a numbers matching 396 350hp 4speed bench seat project car. Car is apart but had a new gm quarter put on new NOS Cowl hood and fenders. Engine is rebuilt at local engine builder. Block pad numbers match the vin. Its also an original red car too. Here is a list of extra NOS parts I got with the package that I will be selling. There is probably more small stuff too but just haven't dug it out yet.

Full drivers quarter
Driver side fender
Pass side fender X3
Cowl Hood
Rockers 2 sets
Window felts
fender extensions still in box
SS wheel trim rings set of 4

More to come and pics too

I spent a ton of money to buy the car and parts because I wanted the car and wanted to be able to sort through everything to keep what I wanted for the project. Some of these parts I haven't really seen for sale like rockers and wheel trims and was wondering what I should be asking.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts