Team Chevelle banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,423 Posts
As Dean stated it was an option in 69 and I believe it is very rare. I believe it is listed in the 69 and possibly the 70 AIM. It was some sort of chemical that was sprayed in front of or on the tire to help as a traction aid. I don't believe it was available in 68.

·
Premium Member
1,554 Posts
I saw it once and always wondered how well it worked. The fact that it was only availble for a short period of time I am going to guess says it didn't.

·
Premium Member
1,784 Posts
I would still love to have that option even if it didn't work the greatest ...

·
Premium Member
4,585 Posts
Use a winshield wiper/washer pump mounted in the trunk with a line routed so it squirts right in front of the tires.Fill it with VHT, run a wire to the front with a toggle switch. Squirt it in front of the tire and drive fwd into it and do a quick burn out.

·
Registered
2,210 Posts
Use a winshield wiper/washer pump mounted in the trunk with a line routed so it squirts right in front of the tires.Fill it with VHT, run a wire to the front with a toggle switch. Squirt it in front of the tire and drive fwd into it and do a quick burn out.
I knew a kid in high school(1975/76) who ran his washed tubes from the washer to his rear wheels and he fiilled the jug with bleach and did burn outs in the student parking lot.:yes:

·
Registered
2,085 Posts
LIQUID TIRE CHAIN DISPENSER Part Number 993814

It was available on all Chevrolet passenger models except wagons and El Caminos'. Dealer cost was $19.50/pair. Parts counter price was $29.95

·
Registered
26 Posts
I had a 69 camaro with this option back in the late 80s car was a decked out SS with a 454 in place of the 396 & still had the muncie 4-speed & 12 bolt pois but boy was it mudded up but that odd rare option was still in it when i had it wish i would of kept it.....

·
Premium Member
18,160 Posts
So there must be a wire with a pump somewhere as part of the system. I dont see any of that in the trunk picture. I have read about this option here and there but have never seen any sort of even a picture until now.

·
Registered
38 Posts
I own the 1969 Impala SS with the Liquid Tire Chain option, that everybody seems to never have seen. If I knew how to attach images I would. Any help is appreciated. It is very rare to find.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts