Team Chevelle banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
2,090 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I'm gone for a few days and there are low 11 second cars that appear out of nowhere, Caminos in the 12's (Congrats to both of you) and scary azz 427's being built as I type...:sad:
I'm glad people still have car shows...:)

Work and life as I know it have been beyond words and I think it's time I get back to something fun.....
It's time to try and break the Chevelle again...:hurray::hurray::hurray:
I need to get racing but I would like to know I have a trailer ride back.

Hoss- I will be there on the 7th if I'm not waking up at Bremerton with a nasty hangover. I will plan on putting some old beater tires on my rims I race with so I can fry something until they blow...:D

Greg- congrats to you on the completion of your long journey...:thumbsup:

Kevin- You know what your in for with that Big 'Ol torque monster so...Hat's off to you.

George- Let's just throw my motor in your Camino some day and suprise the hell out of everyone.

Mark- I hope thing work out and you don't forget us NorthWestern boys.

Everyone else...I have been trying to keep tabs on all of you and I hope you are all doing well.....and Brett, I still really want a street tire race with you. I think that will be a blast.

Frank

·
Premium Member
5,294 Posts
Hope things are going better for ya Frank. Ya things are getting out of control but did ya expect anything else out of this group:D

·
Premium Member
3,013 Posts
Glad to here your still around Frank, hope to see you on the 6th.

My new eaton posi unit and install kit are on there way, should be here by thurseday. Probably start out in the high 14's or so with the stock engine, may be after a while I'll try out the good heads on the shelf and shoot for neck breaking mid 13's. Ordering the trans shift kit and poly engine mounts next week, the '70 will see some track time in a month or two:D

·
Premium Member
11,203 Posts
Frank,

I may just shock myself and get the Vette to the track. I better get the Vette to the track soon or IT will be left behind. The fellas have gotten pretty tough in the last year...

Glad to see ya back up on the threads...

·
Registered
2,090 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Glad to here your still around Frank, hope to see you on the 6th.

My new eaton posi unit and install kit are on there way, should be here by thurseday. Probably start out in the high 14's or so with the stock engine, may be after a while I'll try out the good heads on the shelf and shoot for neck breaking mid 13's. Ordering the trans shift kit and poly engine mounts next week, the '70 will see some track time in a month or two:D
I'll bring those axles with me.

·
Premium Member
5,294 Posts
Frank,

I may just shock myself and get the Vette to the track. I better get the Vette to the track soon or IT will be left behind. The fellas have gotten pretty tough in the last year...

Glad to see ya back up on the threads...

Come on George really....... The vette will never be at the track:noway:

Yep trying reverse psychology,,,, It works on my 3year old:D

·
Premium Member
11,203 Posts
Kevin,
It deserves to be run hard....just not quite worked-up to fever pitch yet.....
Waiting for a dry day for some, er, testing oportunities.....
I did try the Vette seat with future son-in-law's helmet...head does hit the pad and neck is cocked-over.... I don't know who the @#$% did the ergonomics for these cars...terrible!!!!

·
Premium Member
5,294 Posts
Kevin,
I did try the Vette seat with future son-in-law's helmet...head does hit the pad and neck is cocked-over.... I don't know who the @#$% did the ergonomics for these cars...terrible!!!!
Hey Goerge if ya need a driver Im only 5'9" and could fit in the seat with a helmet pretty easy.:D:yes:

·
Premium Member
163 Posts
Kevin,
Nothing a Sawzall won't fix

·
Premium Member
5,644 Posts
Come on George really....... The vette will never be at the track:noway:

Yep trying reverse psychology,,,, It works on my 3year old:D
I bet some even think the Ratvette is a myth!! Well it's not a myth, it does exist but to show up and race will be like when Brian's chevelle can actually outrun the welfare nova.

Ya, I know, when pigs fly huh!!!!!!!!!!!

·
Registered
5,401 Posts
I bet some even think the Ratvette is a myth!! Well it's not a myth, it does exist but to show up and race will be like when Brian's chevelle can actually outrun the welfare nova.

Ya, I know, when pigs fly huh!!!!!!!!!!!
Redlight as defined by websters dictionary.

Someone who has has fear put into them by their opposition.

:).....:)
:D
........:eek:

·
Premium Member
5,644 Posts
Is that me in the right lane... :yes:

·
Premium Member
11,203 Posts
Hey George if ya need a driver Im only 5'9" and could fit in the seat with a helmet pretty easy.:D:yes:

Ya, I'll gt right on this offer!

Let me see....Buick Greg, BrIan, and Mike the 66SSFan have seen the Vette...Berg even got to go around the block in it behind the wheel....
It is real....base model with 327/300 and a 3 spd stick:thumbsup:

·
Premium Member
11,203 Posts
At least as comical as "Smogger Heads, 60103 cam, etc"

And true, the base transmission for a 68 Vette was a 3-spd Muncie......one of those undesirable features you'll probably never see. Even more rare than a 67 Camaro with bench seat and column shift.....

1 - 17 of 17 Posts