Team Chevelle banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hey everyone its mb72 i was just wondering what size carb i should get i was looking at 750 but i dont want to over kill it at this point im just trying to get it going so for now its gonna have the stock intake with just headers as far as i know its a stock 84 454 burban motor i plan on putting a cam and intake later but thats to com ethanks

·
Administrator
17,201 Posts
Well ,it came with a 750 Quadrajet and I see no reason to not replace it with a 750 Quadrajet that's set up properly by someone that knows QJ's.

·
Premium Member
3,261 Posts
If you plan to run the stock intake, it makes sense to run the carb that goes on that intake (q-jet). It's hard to beat a good running q-jet. :yes:

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
thanks guys just thought i would ask i have the adapter for the holley carbs it never came with one so yea thanks im gonna get a double pump or a g jet if i find one for a good price

·
Administrator
17,201 Posts
Why would you want/need a double pumper?
The reason thw QJ works well on that engine is that the secondaries are vacuum controlled to only open to what the engine needs.
DP's a waste on a low comp ,small cammed ,small headed engine .
Must just be for the 'WOW' effect and not performance.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
got you thanks i plan on building the motor im just starting not gonna be a daily just a weekend , i see what your saying why waste gas , the thing is all the qjets are 300 400 used i found holleys for 100-200 , would a single pump be ok? and here in tucson theres not 750 qjets around

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
also theres this Carter AFB competition 750cfm on craigslist for 120 i think it may be obo but is that a good carb sorry if sound dumb but i just dont know lol thank guys

1 - 8 of 8 Posts