Chevelles.com banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Looking at buying 69 chevelle complete ss car, only engine is a 350 not a 396. everything else is ss. Body is good, except for the usal rust spots . interior fair, buckets need redone,373 gears,12 bolt posi,chome all there,any ideas in canadian dollars. thanks

·
Registered
79 Posts
According to my newest issue of muscle car review, they say a 69SS in fair condition (looks good from 20 ft, but needs a good resto or redo) is worth $7,600US. If it only has a 350, unless it has been pretty well built up, I would say that makes it worth less. I also assume the 7600 is talking that the motor is original, and the #'s match.

If the car looks good, it could probably sell for $3500-4000. If the interior is hammered, less. Is the paint original, or is the rust coming through old bondo? Unless you plan on tearing this thing apart, buy a car with paint you can live with. Its the biggest pain to fix.

Is it a four speed, or an automatic? What trans is it running? How old is the posi? What brand of posi & gears, who put it in? Does it have disc brakes in the front? And ... how many miles are on the motor?

If the guy did all the work himself, I wouldn't pay too much. If it was all done professionally and he has receipts, its worth alot more.

I'd also take it in an have a full inspection done on it. Its worth the money, and if the guy won't let you do it..walk away.

This is just my opinion of course.

Wes

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.