Team Chevelle banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I,m looking at a 66 beaumont conv.It needs totol restoration,the frame is solid and everything is intack but needs work.There is a 6 cyl. in it, and the owner claims there where only 113 made. It has sat under a tarp for the past 6 years.Needs a new top. Are parts available,and what would be a resonable Canadian price. Thanks

·
Registered
368 Posts
If it were me, a solid car might be worth up to $2000CN if I didn't have to invest $$$$$ in body panel replacement or repair. Just my opinion but I thought I'd offer it since you have not received any replies.

------------------
Fred Aldrich
Web Site: www.GeoCities.com/~69_chevelle

·
Registered
834 Posts
Depends what you want it for. It is a convertable, well I don't care if only 113 were made with 6'ers, 6 bangers suck. Seeing as it needs a lot of work, probably a new engine, I would say $1500 - $2000 would be about right. And i'm from Canada so i'm not doing conversions or anything.

------------------
Chris Dagenais
CST Kelsey
'71 Malibu soon to be 454!
http://member.xoom.com/Gandalf80/Chris'sPage

·
Registered
149 Posts
What is the conversion rate now? How are the floors, quarters, trunk floor, top frame, doors, hood, trunk lid, fenders, inner fenders, glass? I assume the interior needs recovered, but is it all there? There's probably more to consider, but if I were buying another I would only worry about the body and interior and not the engine or tranny. Chances are I'd want to change them both anyway. Don't forget to consider the cost involved in redoing the interior, paint, and, eventually, having a top put on. The last time I checked around here (Seymour, Indiana) it was $700 to get a top put on (if I supplied the top!).

------------------
Mike
formerly known as gotapileof70Malibu (so add 80 to my number of posts)
'70 Malibu
'70 Malibu convertible

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.