Team Chevelle banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The only numbers I can see on my rear end are on rear drivers side, next to the cover. It is a 10 bolt. The numbers are G134. It is a 66 Malibu. I am suspicious that there may be other numbers but I cant find them anywhere, front, back, drivers, pasenger, no luck. Please help me out.
Thanks

------------------
Jon Bush
66 Malibu Sport Coupe
Fremont CA, birthplace of many a chevelle

[This message has been edited by JON66 (edited 01-28-99).]

·
Registered
38 Posts
You'll find the identifying numbers on the forward-facing part of the axle tube on the right (passenger) tube. When you find them, I, or others can interpret them for you from Chevy by the Numbers.

·
Registered
146 Posts
Jon; If you mean what size ring gear you have in your 10 bolt,it's the 8.20 which is what mine has assuming it is original.

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Just found 3863495N under a ton of grease and grime. But nothing else. Does this help?
Jon

·
Registered
3,001 Posts
The codes you need are stamped (not cast)onto the axle tube. What you have is just a part number and would not indicate the axle type.

Sample: CCF1204B

looking at rear from front of car, on left axle tube (pass) and can be extemely hard to see. Clean it well, use wire brush, etc, shine a light on it, its there!

[This message has been edited by elcamino (edited 01-29-99).]

·
Registered
900 Posts
Elcamino is right, numbers are on the pass. tube front side. You can get the specs from the codes in the decoding section on this site. That's where i got mine for my 66.Mine is CA0517 W CA--3.08 10bolt/ 0517 is date made/ w is the plant made Warren Hope this helps. E-mail me if need more help,[email protected]
Flywheel

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
OK, I scrubed and scrubed only to find that the code was on top of the passenger side tube and it I didnt need to waste my time scrubbing. Oh well. What I found was this:
CA 805 W
This is a 3.08 correct?
The thing that makes me wonder is that 3.08's are basically kinda like cruising gears. However when I cruise on the highway at about 60 MPH, with my muncie and 1:1 4th gear, my RPM's are around 2800. This and the fact that me rear dif. cover is different and has obviously been changed leads me to believe the rear end ration has been changed to 3.73. Does this sound right?
Guess Ill have to count teeth or something.
Thanks for all the help.
JON

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.