Chevelles.com banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Gold Founding Member
1,347 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am finnally getting to the engine swap in my Chevelle. What is a good dubable paint (preferably spray can) for pulleys a/c ps brackets etc I would also like it to loook close to origal Thanks Mike

------------------
Mike A Member 266 Gold

·
Gold Founding Member
1970 Chevelle Convertible & 1965 Chevelle SS Convertible
1,284 Posts
Mike,

I will be doing the same thing this winter. Altough Ground Up has quite a selection of detail paints I went with Eastwwod as I keep hearing good reports from others whom used their paints. I can't vouch for them yet as I just ordered it. If you want a catalog from them you can call them at 1-800-345-1178.

Rich

------------------
70 SS - L34
Sea Mist Green
N.J.
Member # 442
www.chevelles.com/showroom/richr1

·
Registered
1,067 Posts
I used Dulpi-Color General Purpose Semi-Gloss Black. It is about $3.50 a can and is availible at Wal-Mart. It is very close to the original color. I have never had any one tell me it was the wrong shade. The best thing about it is the price and it's avaibile at Wal Mart and other places.

------------------
Bryan Shook
Burgettstown, Pa.
1972 El Camino
www.geocities.com/motorcity/speedway/6673
Favorite Quote: Some people have shrinks. Some people have their garage.

·
Registered
12,846 Posts
I really like Krylon High Heat Black, 1614.

------------------
Tom Parsons

·
Registered
1,525 Posts
I hit my brackets with Rustoleum 777 ( satin black ) and then satin clear. They look great but too soon to tell how durable. The 777 works mint on fenderwell and firewall too giving a nice velvety color.

[This message has been edited by Gene Chas (edited 11-08-99).]

·
Registered
403 Posts
A laquer will last longer. Find a simi gloss or satin black.

------------------
Mr. D
72 454 El Camino
68 RS/SS Camaro
73 RS/LT/Z28 Camaro
99 Firebird TA WS-6 A4

·
Registered
43 Posts
I used Krylon 1613 Semi-Flat black, looks great but too soon to tell durability!

------------------
Pat"The Soundkat>^..^<"Hoffman
1970 Chevelle SS (clone)

·
Registered
68 Posts
I know that a lot of people like to paint under the hood with the original flat black, but personally I like the looks of gloss black with goss clear over it.

·
Registered
1,525 Posts
Oh, and be careful about prices. I bought some trunk splatter from a resto supplier for $6.95 and found the same stuff at AutoZone for $3.95. Duplicolor is a Zone/Mart item, and Rustoleum is a Home Dopt item.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.